Too many confirmations, yes, no,maybe, Need to get rid of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

weatherphobia

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
I get a warning/confirmation dialog box on everything. Installing a program, running an existing program, issuing a command almost everything. 9 out of 10 action require to to say YES or ALLOW to neverly everything I want to do and I am SICK of it all.

Is there a way to literally strip away all these confirmations? I already have good anti virus and spyware software installed and do not need and will not run vista's offererings. I even have windows's firewall disable since I already use my own firewall.

Can someone here help me with this please?

Solution
Most would advise against disabling User Account Control (UAC) because of the added it security it offers.

It is reversible if you ever ned to turn it back on.

Here's how you do it:

Click "Start" > "All Programs" > "Control Panel" > "User Accounts" > "Turn User Account Control on or off"

Click Continue when prompted and uncheck the box called "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer", and then reboot your PC.

When you PC has restarted the UAC should no longer nag you.

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Most would advise against disabling User Account Control (UAC) because of the added it security it offers.

It is reversible if you ever ned to turn it back on.

Here's how you do it:

Click "Start" > "All Programs" > "Control Panel" > "User Accounts" > "Turn User Account Control on or off"

Click Continue when prompted and uncheck the box called "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer", and then reboot your PC.

When you PC has restarted the UAC should no longer nag you.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.