Issues trying to install ubuntu

ajordan1101

Honorable
May 5, 2012
I have an asrock h61m/u3s3 motherboard. I have already installed windows 7 on the computer on one drive. I wiped another 320 gig drive but it isn't being recognized by ubuntu. I tested to see if the drive was good by trying to install windows on it which was successful. Tried to setup the partitions in gparted live cd and the gparted in the ubuntu live cd but neither are recognized. Any other ideas to get the drive to show up to install ubuntu

Solution
I took a quick look at the MB on the manufacturer's website. there are 6 sata connectors, four blue and two white. make sure your hard disk is connected to the Intel controller instead of the 3rd party controller. also make sure you do not have it set to RAID. that should get you up and running. Also make sure you are using Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit.
I took a quick look at the MB on the manufacturer's website. there are 6 sata connectors, four blue and two white. make sure your hard disk is connected to the Intel controller instead of the 3rd party controller. also make sure you do not have it set to RAID. that should get you up and running. Also make sure you are using Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit.

Solution

ajordan1101

Honorable
May 5, 2012

And that solved the mystery, no clue that there was a 3rd party controlller sata ports on this motherboard. I switched my drives over the intel ones (which i don't know how they got over to the white ones in the first place...) and now ubuntu is now installing just fine on my drives. Much appreciate the help