elite or not to elite that is the question

da_slugg

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
so im thinking about getting a xbox 360 and connect it to my monitor!!!
now should i go with the elite and connect it to my radeon 2900 XT via hdmi addon or should i go with a standard 360 and connect via vga????

guyladouche

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2006
Seems to me, if all you want to be able to do is play your 360 on your monitor, that it's a complete waste to connect it via the gfx card. Unless your monitor has a horrible analog delay time, or a very poor ADC/DAC, then VGA will be just as good as HDMI (well, to an extent) or DVI. How big is your monitor, and what res does it support?

HYST3R

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
Seems to me, if all you want to be able to do is play your 360 on your monitor, that it's a complete waste to connect it via the gfx card. Unless your monitor has a horrible analog delay time, or a very poor ADC/DAC, then VGA will be just as good as HDMI (well, to an extent) or DVI. How big is your monitor, and what res does it support?

i agree with guy, what exaclty are you looking to gain by using the gfx card?

senor_bob

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
so im thinking about getting a xbox 360 and connect it to my monitor!!!
now should i go with the elite and connect it to my radeon 2900 XT via hdmi addon or should i go with a standard 360 and connect via vga????
The HDMI from the 2900XT is an output, as is the one on the X360 Elite. You can't hook them together. Does your monitor even have an HDMI input?