I've messed up big time. Help urgently required.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I created a new partion on my exisiting hard drive using Partion Magic 8. It took some time so I left it to run and when I got back I got a message saying NTLDR is missing reboot. :cry:

I installed a new version of XP on the new partion but I need to get all the data of my old partion but I can't access the data. I know Windows is still there along with the data but when I check in Computer Management>Disk Management there is no drive letter assinged to the partion nor can I assign one.

I may have fixed the NTLDR problem by copying the files over from the CD using the repair console but when I rebooted it booted to my new version of XP, I thought it would give me a choice of which one to boot from so I think something isn't right. The only way to test to see if this has worked is to delete this install and see if it will pick it up. Also after I copied the files I still can't see it in my computer. :cry:

Is there any programme that will allow me to access this Partion and copy files and folders to my external hard drive? If so I can clear both installs and start again.

Both Partions are NTFS.