Too Many Security Programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4core

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I am currently running NOD32, Windows Defender, and Spyware Blaster. I am thinking of also getting a firewall, :D.

Am i running to much stuff already, or is it ok to get a firewall?

I'm pretty sure there won't be any issues because each program does a different thing.

What do you guys think?

Solution
Okay..... turn off Windows Defender, or at least the 'active time' components... there isn't any need for them, and I have yet to have Windows Defender save my butt in 3 years using Vista/5 for XP from an infection on my computers.
NOD32 is okay. Spyware Blaster.... never heard of it....wait a minute........ it's okay, but really unnecessary to be running all the time.
Since moving to Vista....... I have yet to see any malware on my PC. None, as far as Norton, McAfee and Microsoft can tell me. So I think Spyware Blaster, like Lavasoft and Spybot are useless to the normal user.

Yes, you should get a firewall IMMEDIATELY. In fact, why weren't you running one before now? That's the first thing I install on any of my computers, is a...

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Okay..... turn off Windows Defender, or at least the 'active time' components... there isn't any need for them, and I have yet to have Windows Defender save my butt in 3 years using Vista/5 for XP from an infection on my computers.
NOD32 is okay. Spyware Blaster.... never heard of it....wait a minute........ it's okay, but really unnecessary to be running all the time.
Since moving to Vista....... I have yet to see any malware on my PC. None, as far as Norton, McAfee and Microsoft can tell me. So I think Spyware Blaster, like Lavasoft and Spybot are useless to the normal user.

Yes, you should get a firewall IMMEDIATELY. In fact, why weren't you running one before now? That's the first thing I install on any of my computers, is a firewall software even before I go on the internet the first time.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS