claypidgon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Gentelmen and any Ladies I'm having a problem,here it is..I had a system crash the other day.I tried to get to the repair function via the Windows XP disk and got a blue screen error message that said there was a "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"..Today I decided to just re-nstall Windows but it wont let me.It starts the prodess and then goes to that blue screen and stops the process..What do I do now????? :eek:

skycowboy

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Loading XP or Vista and blue screen almost always means ram, but in your case you may need to test hard drive or make sure video card is not over heating.....

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
"PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"..is ram error,I've seen it many times,just because mem test ran for 9 hrs. means nothing,I've seen systems run mem test just fine,but as soon as you really start doing things that demand more ram,like playing games or running a demanding app,thats when you'll go down.....definitly try other ram.......

sliptapg

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008

If it is a ram error, try that. Use one stick at a time and see if you can narrow down a stick of ram that is failing.