Ubuntu No Boot Screen, Just black.

DarkBowser

Honorable
May 5, 2012
I have been an avid Ubuntu user since 2010, and I have not been able to figure this one out: After my BIOS splash, there is just a black screen. Then, after 12 seconds, my login screen pops up and all is well. However, I was wondering if there was any way to start the Python-thingy before Xorg or even when the machine is first turned on. Help is most appreciated. :pfff:

Hello DarkBowser,

I'm a little confused, are you talking about the regular startup process? the hard disk is grinding and loading stuff, you just have a black screen until the Ubuntu Login screen? Or after the BIOS post there is 12 seconds of no activity before ubuntu starts to load? If thats the case it may be the grub bootloader is set to timeout after 12 seconds which is something you can modify. since 2010 Ubuntu has changed their startup process quite a bit. have you done upgrades since then or did you do a fresh install of the latest ubuntu?

DarkBowser

Honorable
May 5, 2012
I have already set the timeout to 0 seconds, and while there is a black screen Ubuntu is loading. I was just wondering how to set the boot animation to the whole duration of the boot process. If it helps, my native resolution is 1024 x 600 :ange:

DarkBowser

Honorable
May 5, 2012
I played around with updates and now it seems to work, and nothing you said would work. I updated Plymouth, and it seemed to work. I used sudo plymouth --update in the terminal and it did a few things and it works now... Thanks for your help though