frodo199

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
I m prettey sure some ppl have had the same problem with me: as I browse/surf internet and opeing many TABS.. windows starts to get slower. and eventually, it will refuse to respond (some parts of the MENU will stop responding or it will somehow lost a few items on the menu).

I used RAMBOOSTER, but it didnt resolve the issue completely (still sticky here and there)

If I restart the PC., it everything will be okay.

\
Is this something to do with clogged memory?

TIA for comments

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
try restarting your browser every now and then, plus find a program called maxmem v1 which ive used before and found pretty good at freeing memory.

sliptapg

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
I try to stay away from those sort of programs. I can only imagine the spyware and trojans some of those programs give you...not to mention the settings that some of those programs change.

Your best bet is to eliminate any unnecessary background programs (i.e. don't have AIM, Frostwire, Solitaire, 2 Anti viruses and weatherbug all running at the same time). To see what starts up when your computer does, Click Start - > Run. Type " msconfig " . Click on the startup tab. There, you can uncheck programs you don't need that start on bootups.

As you know, the more tabs you run at one time, the more system resources your browser saps from your computer. However, with one gig of ram, you shouldn't have a huge issue. For example, I opened up 2 windows (Firefox), and had one window filled up with 20 tabs, and it only took 150 mb of my system memory, and I noticed no slow down.

You could also try using a different browser. I currently use Firefox, and feel it is a lot more stable and efficient than Internet Explorer. Plus, it is a lot more secure.

Honestly, browsing shouldn't be that strenuous on your computer. If you think you're being thrifty with your computer resources, aren't loaded down with bloatware, and you keep your computer clean...maybe it's finally time for an upgrade?

TRENDING THREADS