Blue Screen 0x000000D1 (CLASSPNP/ATAPORT modules)

SoMBrA

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
Hello everyone.
Im having problems with my 2nd pc. I got random BSOD, but it seems they are becoming more frequent, i've checked all the minidump files, and the 1st Blue Screen dump file its from the 6th of January 2009, after that the 28th and now the 2nd February twice, and finally today once again.

I have a total of 6 minidump files:
4x BSOD caused by CLASSPNP module
1x BSOD caused by ATAPORT module
1x BSOD caused by ATAPI module

1935678bsod.jpg

At the moment, im runing SeaTools for Windows, all the tests are fine, now its runing the Long DST test.

I have a 7200.11 upgraded to latest firmware SD1A (im aware of the Seagate problem with these drives, but i updated the firmware before having any problems with the known bug)
1 x Really old Maxtor 200 Gb
1 x WDC 500 Gb
My OS: Windows 2008 server x64
AMD64 3200+, 1.5Gb Ram

Anyone? :eek:

SoMBrA

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006

The Seagate problem its the "sudden death" bug caused by a faulty Firmware, if you have any Seagate/Maxtor drive that u bought recently you better go to Seagate homepage, you can check if your drive is affected with the online tool they have there.

My chipset is a nForce 3 250Gb (kinda old now) and i couldnt find anything at nvidia's site (there are driver for nForce 4 + and some nForce 2000 and 3000 that i dont know)

2k8 is stand alone, no other OS

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
ehehehe i have the 500gb Seagate Barracuda, no probs so far but ill grab that firmware tonight...thanks for that.

I would stick your post up on Microsoft Tech Centre tbh...BSOD's are pretty tricky to decipher and if driver updates / mem tests / repair from CD boot (does 2k8 allow this?) doesnt solve it then you most likely need someone who can diagnose the error correctly.
They are very good at pinpointing the exact issue but they sometimes take a few days to come back to you due to the volume of requests.

Is there anything you can say that prompts the error? eg accessing specific programmes or high load on HDD read / write

SoMBrA

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
Hello again, i runed chkdsk from windows 2k8 and took a lot of time to analyze my 200 Gb hard drive, it has 6 years or so...
Test was succesfull, with no errors, but i think i should remove that really old 200 Gb drive, it will help the system to run smooth, and maybe the BSOD does not repeat again.

I use the 2k8 as a development machine (.NET and to download some p2p files) so it keeps 24/7 downloading stuff, but error occur random...

Lets wait and see