Attempting to burn an OS .iso file in Linux (Fedora 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrislyCastle

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Ok, so I had problems with my windows vista not working correctly, I had bad crashes after I rebooted from factory settings, so I decided to try out Linux Fedora 15. Given that Linux doesn't use page file memory, my computer would make my Minecraft frequently run out of memory (almost 100% instantly), This is because I have 1 gb of ram. After figuring that out, I have obtained a product key for Windows XP Pro SP3. I have my .ISO file ready, but I have no clue what program I should use to burn it, and have it boot correctly. There lies my question, and problem. Please help me feed my Minecraft addiction.. :pt1cable:

Solution
you select 'burn image' or other analogous option, then select the iso file, then click burn. That's all there is to it.

What is not working?
huh? linux does use a 'page file' its called swap.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paging#Linux

The performance hits you see are due to your hard disk thrashing when its attempting to read/write to swap. installing windows will not help, you will see the same type of performance hit. hard drivers are orders of magnitude slower than ram...

That being said, if you want to avoid hitting the pagefile/swap then get more ram. Ram is cheap...

edit: (forgot to add info about iso burning)
for burning iso, you can use:
gtk/gnome: brasero
gtk/xfce: xfburn
kde: k3b

Status
Not open for further replies.