which P35 to choose on Tiger direct available?

tato999

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Hi everyone Im planing to buy a new pc,

the specs are going to be intel C2D E6600

corsair mem pc 6400 2gb pc6400c4

thermaltake big typhoon

artic silver 5 thermal compound

and the mobo is goint to be the new p35 because I want to have it for a least 2 or 4 years

the thing that I dont know is that the P5K3 deluxe supports ddr2 y ddr 3?

because if yo compare in tigerdirect

it says that the p5k supports only ddr2

the p5k deluxe support only ddr 2 only

and the only that supports ddr 3 is the p5k3 deluxe and not sure if it support ddr2 and ddr 3 (both)

3 weeks ago I was thinkig to buy the ga p965 ds3 but with this new arrive the p35 is better cuz its going to last me to much time

Am I right? please suggets everything you can every detail please

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Nice didnt realise Gigabyte was doing that.

Asus with theres arent at this stage though, spose if gigabyte are doing it some others would prolly follow

Jackalope73

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
More than likely Asus will leave that to Asrock. I believe Asus is still the controlling interest in Asrock. They have all the transition upgrade boards.

tato999

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
thanks very much, I wasn't so sure about asus, but I knew that the gigabyte support both(DDR2 and DDR3), But my problem is that I live in Venezuela and the only good available in Amazon is the P5K3, and as I said before, I want something with good upgrade capability in the feature.

I think that i'll have to buy the mobo in Ebay and the other componets in amazon because those are the only that accept international credits card.

The p5k deluxe I dont like it very much because I want a mobo that I use for at least 4 or five years.Off course upgrading other componets like cpu and mem but fot the moment dd3 its not a good choice.

By the way ebay its a good choice to buy?

And by the way in think that all the new mobos with p35chipset and x38 should be availabe with both DDR(DDR2 and DDR 3) because ddr 2 2 its still a very good mem and the the difference between them it's not too much I think that dd3 it's going to good in 1 year at least.

Jackalope73

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
I purchased off of ebay but in recent times have come to prefer major E-tailers. If you go with Ebay just read their feedback make sure you are getting a brand new retail box item and not an open box or refurbished. Also Compsource ships internationally http://www.compsource.com/ttechnote.asp?part_no=GAP35CDS3R&src=F
and many online retailers will accomadate you as long as you have a major credit card. I have live fish from the Lagoon of the ducks in Venezuela and FedEx got them here alive most of them. FedEx rules! So a motherboard should be a piece of cake! Also credit card payments through paypal are sometimes offered for international orders.