transfer between memory cards

a b } Memory
August 21, 2005 8:25:02 PM

I've got a 512mb sd card and I want to start using a 1gb sd card.
To transfer the information between the two cards (I have some programs
loaded on the sd card, not just files), can I just copy the 512mb card
to my Desktop pc, then copy those same files to the 1gb card?

thanks!
RM

More about : transfer memory cards

Anonymous
a b } Memory
August 21, 2005 8:25:03 PM

Yes.
Easiest way is to make a folder for all on the desktop, copy to, then copy
to the new card. Card reader is fastest method.

"ReadyMan" <readyman@sonic.net> wrote in message
> I've got a 512mb sd card and I want to start using a 1gb sd card.
> To transfer the information between the two cards (I have some programs
> loaded on the sd card, not just files), can I just copy the 512mb card to
> my Desktop pc, then copy those same files to the 1gb card?
>
> thanks!
> RM
Anonymous
a b } Memory
August 21, 2005 8:46:21 PM

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:25:02 GMT, ReadyMan wrote:

> I've got a 512mb sd card and I want to start using a 1gb sd card.
> To transfer the information between the two cards (I have some programs
> loaded on the sd card, not just files), can I just copy the 512mb card
> to my Desktop pc, then copy those same files to the 1gb card?

I did this with a 256 MiB CF card and everything worked fine when I
transferred it to a 1 GiB CF card.

--
HP iPAQ h2210 | Brando Workshop Protector Plus | HP Leather Belt Case | Kingston CF 1 GiB |
SanDisk CF 256 MiB | Sandisk SD 1 GiB | D-Link DBT-120

"ReadyMan" <readyman@sonic.net> wrote in message
> I've got a 512mb sd card and I want to start
using a 1gb sd card.
> To transfer the information between the two
cards (I have some programs
> loaded on the sd card, not just files), can I
just copy the 512mb card
> to my Desktop pc, then copy those same files to
the 1gb card?

> thanks!
> RM

on the pc turn on view hidden/system first, incase
they get missed!

roy
!