If you have to choose!!!

liswara

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
For 8800GTS 320Mb, I like EVGA and XFX brand, but they are not available in my country, yet :cry: . So it only left me with the choices of :

Asus
Chaintech Apogee
Digital Alliance
ECS
Eagle
Gigabyte
Leadtek Winfast
MSI
PixelView
Sparkle Calibre (OC edition)
Zotac

Guys, please help me choose the brands from above which is the best according to you. I’m desperate enough to wait for Evga and XFX. Thx.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
For 8800GTS 320Mb, I like EVGA and XFX brand, but they are not available in my country, yet

Wait for when they do come out. You said you can.

I?fm desperate enough to wait for Evga and XFX. Thx.

Did you mean to say that you aren't desperate enough to wait for EVGA and XFX?

Just curious.

liswara

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
Yes, I can't wait any longer for either XFX or EVGA. Sorry for my language. If I have to choose between those from above. Could you share your opinion to me? Thx.

Bungsta

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
chaintech has never failed me, i am still running one of their motherboards (they don't make motherboards anymore) and used to have a chaintech geforce 3 back in the day. but yeah, asus is a very reputable brand, can't go wrong there.

andytg7

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
Definitely go with Asus out of those choices. My last two cards have been Asus cards (X800XT PE and X1900XTX), and I've really taken a liking to what Asus is doing with them. Good warranty, awesome bundle package with software/games/and other goodies (only if you buy the retail version of the card, not OEM), cooling is respectful, and performance is awesome.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Yes, I can't wait any longer for either XFX or EVGA. Sorry for my language. If I have to choose between those from above. Could you share your opinion to me? Thx.

That's okay, I do voluntary work with non-native English speakers so don't worry.

From what I know ASUS is a bit more expensive than everyone else but as andytg7 says:

Good warranty, awesome bundle package with software/games/and other goodies (only if you buy the retail version of the card, not OEM), cooling is respectful, and performance is awesome.

If you aren't looking to upgrade for a while then I'd recommend you to spend the extra money.

liswara

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
Thank you very much guys, I've decided to pick MSI since it's OC edition (575/1700) and won a gold award by Anandtech.com and its price is $. 367 (not very expensive compared to Asus $. 385 with stock core/mem clock) in my country.

Thanks again for all of your opinion. By now I am assembling my new PC :lol:

liswara

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
let us know how it goes

Yes, I've finished now. The 3Dmark05 score is 11.510. I'm quite happy with the result :lol: .
But the temp for my MSI 8800GTS is quite high (66 C) when installing game software. Is that normal?
I haven't have time to make a test when full load.

Farhang

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2007
Congratulation! :D
But the temp for my MSI 8800GTS is quite high (66 C) when installing game software. Is that normal?
I haven't have time to make a test when full load.
Don't worry, Those temps are normal. Mine Idle at 70~71c & Full load at 80~82c. 8800Series are hot! 8)
Now go and Play hard! :twisted:

my great pile of dead MSI products speaks for its self ;)

i for sure will never touch them ever again

and on a more comical demeaning note, WTF is with there red nvidia cards and green ATi cards, and including sata data and power cables with boards that dont have onboard sata!