Simple Question: What is the max temp on AMD X2 5000+

I was just wondering what is the highest temperature that I should be comfortable running my CPU at? (Under max load)

I am using speed fan to record my temps.

Currently, I idle at about 39c - 40c and the max that I have let my temps get under full load has been 58c (it was still rising).

AMD Athalon X2 5000+ w/ Stock HSF

I've been searching the forums for a bit and can't seem to find an answer.
8 answers Last reply
More about simple question temp 5000
  1. you hit 60C load (still climbing?) you need to look into others way's of removing the heat from that chip
  2. Use this: http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/Default.aspx

Depends on the core

**You're pushing the envelope since the Tmax for the X2 5000+ series CPUs is between 55C-72C
  3. Thanks a bunch for the response.

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a new HSF and some thermal paste.
  4. Um, what is this so-called 'lapping'?

And, if I get the Ultra-120, how do I attach a fan to it, or will it provide enough cooling w/out a fan?

And...Whats wrong w/ AS5?
  5. I've been looking at Newegg for the ultra-120, and it doesn't show that it comes with a fan.

Is newegg wrong? Or should I buy the HSF from another site?

I didn't know that AS5 was all hype, thanks for that piece of advise.
  6. Well, then I suppose that begs the question, "Which fan do I buy to accompany such an awesome Heatsink?"

Noise isn't really an issue.
  7. Oops, another question...

Will the U-120 X fit inside my Ultra Grid case and MSI K9n Platinum Mobo?

It looks kinda big...

And do I have to worry about gravity putting too much stress on my mobo in a vertical orientation?
  8. Ok, I recant my statement. I do worry about noise a little. I don't want my computer to sound like it is ready for take off....

Are there any fans that you would recomend against?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Temperature Overclocking