Ubuntu 11.04 Natty ?

Tags:
  • CD-Rom
  • Ubuntu
Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
June 7, 2012 5:59:08 PM

Hello Everyone

When i try to install softwares by live cd in ubuntu 11.04 i get this

E: Unable to stat the mount point /media/cdrom/ -stat (2: No such file or directory)
E: Unable to stat the mount point /media/cdrom/ -stat (2: No such file or directory)
E:Failed to mount the cdrom.

Any suggestions?

More about : ubuntu natty

June 8, 2012 9:48:14 AM

That was a known bug with some releases of 11.04.

Moral - use the latest version of Ubuntu (12.04) . It has the additional advantage of long-term support. Or you could install software from the Internet rather than the CD - probably a good idea as CD versions will probably need an immediate update.
m
l
Related resources
June 8, 2012 6:09:33 PM

Well i installed everything i needed by internet but i wanna know how that process look by cd so is there any way to fix this bug rather switching to new version ?
m
l
June 8, 2012 6:24:36 PM

Just accept that you can't, and don't need to, install software from CD. Forget about it; what does it matter?

Personally I would go for the latest version. If I read your posts correctly, you were running an earlier version and have now installed 11.04. Why not just go for 12.04?
m
l
June 8, 2012 7:26:03 PM

you cannot install packages from a liveCD. you must install packages from the online repository.
m
l
June 8, 2012 9:03:23 PM

Yeah i know it thanks but how to solve this bug ?
m
l
June 9, 2012 1:45:13 AM

It's like sending a broken transistor radio to a shop in the 1600s.

Not likely to happen.

;) 
m
l
June 9, 2012 7:08:19 AM

That mean bug not gonna solve inside this version ?
m
l
June 9, 2012 7:09:59 AM

Ijack said:
Just accept that you can't, and don't need to, install software from CD. Forget about it; what does it matter?

Personally I would go for the latest version. If I read your posts correctly, you were running an earlier version and have now installed 11.04. Why not just go for 12.04?

There's no way ?
m
l
June 9, 2012 7:26:44 AM

THE UNKNOWN said:
That mean bug not gonna solve inside this version ?

Ubuntu releases a version then just fixes bugs of a program.

Eg. Take Libreoffice...

Version x might ship with Libreoffice 3.4.x

Even if the Libreoffice 3.5.x series comes out 1 month after Ubuntu Version X, they will not let you update to it. They will only let you get newer bugfixes, no new features.

You will have to wait for Version x+1 for Libreoffice 3.5.x series.
m
l
June 9, 2012 8:03:47 AM

At the time of its release Distrowatch said of 11.04:

"I'm of the opinion there are good features in this release, but 11.04 definitely suffered from being rushed out the door while it was still beta quality. Ubuntu aims to be novice-friendly, but this release is buggy and I think they missed the mark this time around. I'm limiting my recommendation of 11.04 to people who want to play with an early release of Unity."

I doubt much attention is being paid to minor bugs in this old version of Ubuntu. Do yourself a favour and install 12.04, which has Long Term Support. Why the reluctance?
m
l
June 9, 2012 9:55:37 AM

Thanks Everyone
m
l
!