Models/Skins

I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went into a
deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there and laughed. I'd
forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks a lot faster than it
used to. Am I getting old or is it running faster on new pc's?

Anyway, on to my main point. I have no skins saved anywhere so was wondering
if someone knew of a huge zip file with loads of skins, models, maps that I
could download somewhere? I really dont want to have to download thousands
of files individually all over the net.

Thanks for any help.

..
15 answers Last reply
More about models skins

    "StuartM" <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote in message
    > I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went into a
    > deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there and laughed.
    I'd
    > forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks a lot faster than it
    > used to. Am I getting old or is it running faster on new pc's?

    you're just getting old ;op

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

    ..
    "StuartM" <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote in message
    >I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went into a
    >deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there and laughed. I'd
    >forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks a lot faster than it
    >used to. Am I getting old or is it running faster on new pc's?
    >
    > Anyway, on to my main point. I have no skins saved anywhere so was
    > wondering if someone knew of a huge zip file with loads of skins, models,
    > maps that I could download somewhere? I really dont want to have to
    > download thousands of files individually all over the net.

    Or even somewhere where they are all listed on one page with direct links
    rather than having to click through 3 links.

    ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/grieve/models/

    some of the best you will find here ;)

    "Grieve" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/grieve/models/
    >
    > some of the best you will find here ;)

    Good man Grieve! Thanks a lot, I'm getting them now.

    Regards,

    Stuart

    StuartM <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went
    > into a deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there and
    > laughed. I'd forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks a
    > lot faster than it used to. Am I getting old or is it running faster
    > on new pc's?
    >
    > Anyway, on to my main point. I have no skins saved anywhere so was
    > wondering if someone knew of a huge zip file with loads of skins,
    > models, maps that I could download somewhere? I really dont want to
    > have to download thousands of files individually all over the net.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/ - that's where various NG regs and semi-regs
    have uploaded masses of Q2 stuff :D

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    "Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
    > "StuartM" <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote in message
    >> I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went into
    >> deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there and laughed.
    > I'd
    >> forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks a lot faster than it
    >> used to. Am I getting old or is it running faster on new pc's?
    >>

    > you're just getting old ;op

    lol, I better stick to the LOF servers.

    "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > StuartM <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    >> I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went
    >> into a deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there and
    >> laughed. I'd forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks a
    >> lot faster than it used to. Am I getting old or is it running faster
    >> on new pc's?
    >>
    >> Anyway, on to my main point. I have no skins saved anywhere so was
    >> wondering if someone knew of a huge zip file with loads of skins,
    >> models, maps that I could download somewhere? I really dont want to
    >> have to download thousands of files individually all over the net.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help.
    >>

    > ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/ - that's where various NG regs and semi-regs
    > have uploaded masses of Q2 stuff :D

    Thanks Bill. I didnt look in higher directories when Grieve gave me that
    link. That should give me all I want.

    Stuart

    Stuart M <dfdgh@fghf.cvgd> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/ - that's where various NG regs and
    >> semi-regs have uploaded masses of Q2 stuff :D
    >

    > Thanks Bill. I didnt look in higher directories when Grieve gave me
    > that link. That should give me all I want.

    And more ;) Mods, maps, bots, all sortsa stuff :)

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    EvilBill, you still visiting here huh?
    :-)
    Babs

    BubblyBabs <bubblybabs_at_fractalfairy_dot_com@ng.com> typed as if
    devouring a plate of spoo:
    > EvilBill, you still visiting here huh?
    > :-)
    > Babs

    Well hello stranger :)
    And yep, I just couldn't bring myself to leave even when the NG was dead.
    LOL :)

    > BubblyBabs <bubblybabs_at_fractalfairy_dot_com@ng.com> typed as if
    > devouring a plate of spoo:
    > > EvilBill, you still visiting here huh?
    > > :-)
    > > Babs
    >
    > Well hello stranger :)
    > And yep, I just couldn't bring myself to leave even when the NG was dead.
    > LOL :)

    A plate of spoo? Ewwwww...

    Remember when there were hundreds of posts here a day? And all the
    arguments? I'd leave because of the arguements... Now it seems mostly spam
    stuff... SIGH...

    You still on the Q2ML? I don't see you posting there anymore...

    Ah well, nice to see you again! And I d/l'd a bunch of stuff from that ftp
    site... Most of my Q2 stuff is on a zip disk and I have to install the darn
    drive into my computer (it's sitting there looking forlorn wondering when
    I'll get to it)...

    Babs

    BubblyBabs <bubblybabs_at_fractalfairy_dot_com@ng.com> typed as if
    devouring a plate of spoo:
    > "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> BubblyBabs <bubblybabs_at_fractalfairy_dot_com@ng.com> typed as if
    >> devouring a plate of spoo:
    >>> EvilBill, you still visiting here huh?
    >>> :-)
    >>> Babs
    >>
    >> Well hello stranger :)
    >> And yep, I just couldn't bring myself to leave even when the NG was
    >> dead. LOL :)
    >
    > A plate of spoo? Ewwwww...

    It's a Narn dish <g>

    > Remember when there were hundreds of posts here a day? And all the
    > arguments? I'd leave because of the arguements... Now it seems
    > mostly spam stuff... SIGH...

    Yeah, just a few of us left now.

    > You still on the Q2ML? I don't see you posting there anymore...

    Sadly, I lost my subscription with a long-lost e-mail address. And I forget
    how to sign up again. <g>

    > Ah well, nice to see you again! And I d/l'd a bunch of stuff from
    > that ftp site... Most of my Q2 stuff is on a zip disk and I have to
    > install the darn drive into my computer (it's sitting there looking
    > forlorn wondering when I'll get to it)...

    Mine's all burned to CD or left on my second hard drive. LOL

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    "Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
    > "StuartM" <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote in message
    >> I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went
    >> into a deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there
    >> and laughed. I'd forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks
    >> a lot faster than it used to. Am I getting old or is it running
    >> faster on new pc's?
    >>

    > you're just getting old ;op

    Yeah, you're right. I mean, I used to get 26-48 fps in 800x600 and was
    happy to get a sub 400 ping in *any* server on dialup. Now, I only get
    267 fps in 1280x1024 and 20 ping. I am getting old, need all the help I
    can get! :)
    McG.

    "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > BubblyBabs <bubblybabs_at_fractalfairy_dot_com@ng.com> typed as if
    > devouring a plate of spoo:
    >> EvilBill, you still visiting here huh?
    >> :-)
    >> Babs
    >
    > Well hello stranger :)
    > And yep, I just couldn't bring myself to leave even when the NG was
    > dead. LOL :)
    >
    > --

    You *IS* the spoon! ;)
    McG.

    McGrandpa <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate
    of spoo:
    > "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> BubblyBabs <bubblybabs_at_fractalfairy_dot_com@ng.com> typed as if
    >> devouring a plate of spoo:
    >>> EvilBill, you still visiting here huh?
    >>> :-)
    >>> Babs
    >>
    >> Well hello stranger :)
    >> And yep, I just couldn't bring myself to leave even when the NG was
    >> dead. LOL :)
    >>
    >> --
    >
    > You *IS* the spoon! ;)

    Nah, the spoon is a h0m0... oh, wait ;)

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

Download Games Video Games