  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 25, 2005 4:38:25 PM

I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went into a
deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there and laughed. I'd
forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks a lot faster than it
used to. Am I getting old or is it running faster on new pc's?

Anyway, on to my main point. I have no skins saved anywhere so was wondering
if someone knew of a huge zip file with loads of skins, models, maps that I
could download somewhere? I really dont want to have to download thousands
of files individually all over the net.

Thanks for any help.

..

More about : models skins

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 4:38:26 PM

"StuartM" <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote in message
> I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went into a
> deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there and laughed.
I'd
> forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks a lot faster than it
> used to. Am I getting old or is it running faster on new pc's?

you're just getting old ;op

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.ag...

..
"StuartM" <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote in message
>I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went into a
>deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there and laughed. I'd
>forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks a lot faster than it
>used to. Am I getting old or is it running faster on new pc's?
>
> Anyway, on to my main point. I have no skins saved anywhere so was
> wondering if someone knew of a huge zip file with loads of skins, models,
> maps that I could download somewhere? I really dont want to have to
> download thousands of files individually all over the net.

Or even somewhere where they are all listed on one page with direct links
rather than having to click through 3 links.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 25, 2005 6:36:31 PM

ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/grieve/models/

some of the best you will find here ;)

"StuartM" <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> .
> "StuartM" <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote in message
> >I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went into
> >deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there and laughed.
I'd
> >forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks a lot faster than it
> >used to. Am I getting old or is it running faster on new pc's?
> >
> > Anyway, on to my main point. I have no skins saved anywhere so was
> > wondering if someone knew of a huge zip file with loads of skins,
models,
> > maps that I could download somewhere? I really dont want to have to
> > download thousands of files individually all over the net.
>

> Or even somewhere where they are all listed on one page with direct links
> rather than having to click through 3 links.

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 6:36:32 PM

..
"Grieve" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/grieve/models/
>
> some of the best you will find here ;)

Good man Grieve! Thanks a lot, I'm getting them now.

Regards,

Stuart
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 9:57:49 PM

StuartM <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went
> into a deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there and
> laughed. I'd forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks a
> lot faster than it used to. Am I getting old or is it running faster
> on new pc's?
>
> Anyway, on to my main point. I have no skins saved anywhere so was
> wondering if someone knew of a huge zip file with loads of skins,
> models, maps that I could download somewhere? I really dont want to
> have to download thousands of files individually all over the net.
>
> Thanks for any help.

ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/ - that's where various NG regs and semi-regs
have uploaded masses of Q2 stuff :D

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 10:53:37 PM

"Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
> "StuartM" <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote in message
>> I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went into
>> deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there and laughed.
> I'd
>> forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks a lot faster than it
>> used to. Am I getting old or is it running faster on new pc's?
>>

> you're just getting old ;op

lol, I better stick to the LOF servers.
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 10:55:06 PM

"EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in message
> StuartM <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
>> I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went
>> into a deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there and
>> laughed. I'd forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks a
>> lot faster than it used to. Am I getting old or is it running faster
>> on new pc's?
>>
>> Anyway, on to my main point. I have no skins saved anywhere so was
>> wondering if someone knew of a huge zip file with loads of skins,
>> models, maps that I could download somewhere? I really dont want to
>> have to download thousands of files individually all over the net.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>

> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/ - that's where various NG regs and semi-regs
> have uploaded masses of Q2 stuff :D

Thanks Bill. I didnt look in higher directories when Grieve gave me that
link. That should give me all I want.

Stuart
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:40:58 AM

Stuart M <dfdgh@fghf.cvgd> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/ - that's where various NG regs and
>> semi-regs have uploaded masses of Q2 stuff :D
>

> Thanks Bill. I didnt look in higher directories when Grieve gave me
> that link. That should give me all I want.

And more ;)  Mods, maps, bots, all sortsa stuff :)

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:40:59 AM

EvilBill, you still visiting here huh?
:-)
Babs
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 2:18:14 PM

BubblyBabs <bubblybabs_at_fractalfairy_dot_com@ng.com> typed as if
devouring a plate of spoo:
> EvilBill, you still visiting here huh?
> :-)
> Babs

Well hello stranger :)
And yep, I just couldn't bring myself to leave even when the NG was dead.
LOL :)

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 2:18:15 PM

> BubblyBabs <bubblybabs_at_fractalfairy_dot_com@ng.com> typed as if
> devouring a plate of spoo:
> > EvilBill, you still visiting here huh?
> > :-)
> > Babs
>
> Well hello stranger :)
> And yep, I just couldn't bring myself to leave even when the NG was dead.
> LOL :)

A plate of spoo? Ewwwww...

Remember when there were hundreds of posts here a day? And all the
arguments? I'd leave because of the arguements... Now it seems mostly spam
stuff... SIGH...

You still on the Q2ML? I don't see you posting there anymore...

Ah well, nice to see you again! And I d/l'd a bunch of stuff from that ftp
site... Most of my Q2 stuff is on a zip disk and I have to install the darn
drive into my computer (it's sitting there looking forlorn wondering when
I'll get to it)...

Babs
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:42:28 PM

BubblyBabs <bubblybabs_at_fractalfairy_dot_com@ng.com> typed as if
devouring a plate of spoo:
> "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> BubblyBabs <bubblybabs_at_fractalfairy_dot_com@ng.com> typed as if
>> devouring a plate of spoo:
>>> EvilBill, you still visiting here huh?
>>> :-)
>>> Babs
>>
>> Well hello stranger :)
>> And yep, I just couldn't bring myself to leave even when the NG was
>> dead. LOL :)
>
> A plate of spoo? Ewwwww...

It's a Narn dish <g>

> Remember when there were hundreds of posts here a day? And all the
> arguments? I'd leave because of the arguements... Now it seems
> mostly spam stuff... SIGH...

Yeah, just a few of us left now.

> You still on the Q2ML? I don't see you posting there anymore...

Sadly, I lost my subscription with a long-lost e-mail address. And I forget
how to sign up again. <g>

> Ah well, nice to see you again! And I d/l'd a bunch of stuff from
> that ftp site... Most of my Q2 stuff is on a zip disk and I have to
> install the darn drive into my computer (it's sitting there looking
> forlorn wondering when I'll get to it)...

Mine's all burned to CD or left on my second hard drive. LOL

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:38:28 AM

"Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
> "StuartM" <xxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote in message
>> I have just installed Q2 after many years of not playing it. I went
>> into a deathmatch server and for about 3 minutes I just sat there
>> and laughed. I'd forgotten what a great game this is. Also, it looks
>> a lot faster than it used to. Am I getting old or is it running
>> faster on new pc's?
>>

> you're just getting old ;op

Yeah, you're right. I mean, I used to get 26-48 fps in 800x600 and was
happy to get a sub 400 ping in *any* server on dialup. Now, I only get
267 fps in 1280x1024 and 20 ping. I am getting old, need all the help I
can get! :)
McG.
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:39:33 AM

"EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in message
> BubblyBabs <bubblybabs_at_fractalfairy_dot_com@ng.com> typed as if
> devouring a plate of spoo:
>> EvilBill, you still visiting here huh?
>> :-)
>> Babs
>
> Well hello stranger :)
> And yep, I just couldn't bring myself to leave even when the NG was
> dead. LOL :)
>
> --

You *IS* the spoon! ;)
McG.
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 6:17:19 AM

McGrandpa <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate
of spoo:
> "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> BubblyBabs <bubblybabs_at_fractalfairy_dot_com@ng.com> typed as if
>> devouring a plate of spoo:
>>> EvilBill, you still visiting here huh?
>>> :-)
>>> Babs
>>
>> Well hello stranger :)
>> And yep, I just couldn't bring myself to leave even when the NG was
>> dead. LOL :)
>>
>> --
>
> You *IS* the spoon! ;)

Nah, the spoon is a h0m0... oh, wait ;)