I orginally posted this in the homebuilt forum, but I guess this is a better place:
Up until last night my PC was fine, last night I was playing WoW for an hour or so when I got a quick blue screen followed by a black screen. The PC was still running but my LCD had no picture, it was just black. I had to do a hard power off and when I powered back on no GIGABYTE Screen just a black screen. No message about chck cable, just a black screen. I can hear the CD ROM being accessed as normal for a plit second and some brief noise from the HDD. What I have done:
1. Check all connections.
2. Try a different video card. No picture, just a black screen.
3. Unplug every component, HDD, Wireless card, CDROM, etc. Still a black screen.
3. Reset bios, took out battery, shorted jumper with screwdriver head. Still a black screen.
4. Tried RAM in different slots, one slot, etc.
5. Reseated video card many times.
Keep in mind life was good for 3 weeks before the above happened.
At this point I think its the mobo, maybe? I would like some opinions before I RMA it.