Has Anyone encountered Spyware Guard 2008?

Will90

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
This is a malware disguising as an anti-virus software. This thing is pure evil, it simply can't not be gotten rid off. I have tried restoring my system, I have used LavaSoft's Ad-Aware, AVG, SpyHunter and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which has worked the best but still has not eradicated the vermin. I have found the Registry line for this thing but it can not delete and I have full permission on the computer and it is set to permission for everyone. Anytime I try moving or deleting this thing I just get an error message. Worse yet I hooked up my ipod to the computer and now I think the virus is is my Ipod. So will I have to toss out my Ipod because it might infect any thing I hook it up too? I am so desperate and would only like to install a fresh version of windows if I absolutely have too since I have alot of things on this pc. Does anyone have any advice? Oh I have also used GIPO@Utillities which is supposed to delete files that you ask it too before windows can "lock" it. This also has not worked.

G

Search for a folder called DLLs under C:\Documents and Settings.

Grumpy

Ryan is correct... the best course of action without reloading the system is to scan the infected drive on a clean computer. Once that is complete, search the System32 folder for any strange DLL files... it's best to arrange by date, as it makes it much easier to see DLLs that have been created recently and the ones it has installed will obviously be a much later date than the others.

Any DLL file that is new and has no description or author information can likely be deleted. The file names will be an assorted jumble of letters, so they're also easy to spot. I've fought with similar malware (Antivirus 2009) and the best option was always to scan from a clean computer.

AVG was the alternative.... usually if you could get it to install, it was able to clean the infection after a scan in Windows and then in Safe Mode. Of course, AVG might not install either.