  • Basic
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 26, 2005 12:54:14 AM

hello again.

Ive downloaded the skins and models as advised, installed them to
Quake2\baseq2\players, but every game I join all I see is the basic
male\female models. I never had this problem before. Any ideas?
I cant belive that I havent got at least one matching skin!

More about : skins

January 26, 2005 3:59:44 AM

"Stuart M" <dfdgh@fghf.cvgd> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> hello again.
>
> Ive downloaded the skins and models as advised, installed them to
> Quake2\baseq2\players, but every game I join all I see is the basic
> male\female models. I never had this problem before. Any ideas?
> I cant belive that I havent got at least one matching skin!

oh, well thats another problem.
its true, nearly everybody uses the default skins when playing online.
some use skins nobody has, like clan skins. but most players use the one of
the few standard skins.

you can check the models and skins that are currently used by typing "skins"
in the console.

best use for all the models you've downloaded would be a LAN game or
botmatch with customized bots.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 5:12:01 PM

"Grieve" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Stuart M" <dfdgh@fghf.cvgd> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> hello again.
>>
>> Ive downloaded the skins and models as advised, installed them to
>> Quake2\baseq2\players, but every game I join all I see is the basic
>> male\female models. I never had this problem before. Any ideas?
>> I cant belive that I havent got at least one matching skin!
>>

> oh, well thats another problem.
> its true, nearly everybody uses the default skins when playing online.
> some use skins nobody has, like clan skins. but most players use the one
> of
> the few standard skins.
>
> you can check the models and skins that are currently used by typing
> "skins"
> in the console.
>
> best use for all the models you've downloaded would be a LAN game or
> botmatch with customized bots.

Thanks Grieve. I'll try that this evening.
!