Cant see others skins

hello again.

Ive downloaded the skins and models as advised, installed them to
Quake2\baseq2\players, but every game I join all I see is the basic
male\female models. I never had this problem before. Any ideas?
I cant belive that I havent got at least one matching skin!
2 answers Last reply
More about cant skins

    "Stuart M" <dfdgh@fghf.cvgd> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > hello again.
    >
    > Ive downloaded the skins and models as advised, installed them to
    > Quake2\baseq2\players, but every game I join all I see is the basic
    > male\female models. I never had this problem before. Any ideas?
    > I cant belive that I havent got at least one matching skin!

    oh, well thats another problem.
    its true, nearly everybody uses the default skins when playing online.
    some use skins nobody has, like clan skins. but most players use the one of
    the few standard skins.

    you can check the models and skins that are currently used by typing "skins"
    in the console.

    best use for all the models you've downloaded would be a LAN game or
    botmatch with customized bots.

    "Grieve" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "Stuart M" <dfdgh@fghf.cvgd> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> hello again.
    >>
    >> Ive downloaded the skins and models as advised, installed them to
    >> Quake2\baseq2\players, but every game I join all I see is the basic
    >> male\female models. I never had this problem before. Any ideas?
    >> I cant belive that I havent got at least one matching skin!
    >>

    > oh, well thats another problem.
    > its true, nearly everybody uses the default skins when playing online.
    > some use skins nobody has, like clan skins. but most players use the one
    > of
    > the few standard skins.
    >
    > you can check the models and skins that are currently used by typing
    > "skins"
    > in the console.
    >
    > best use for all the models you've downloaded would be a LAN game or
    > botmatch with customized bots.

    Thanks Grieve. I'll try that this evening.

Games Basic Video Games