Triple Boot Using Windows 7, Mac OS X, and Ubuntu

Foshasta Jones

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Let me get right to the point (details to follow). I want to be able to triple boot Windows 7, Mac OS X and Ubuntu and I don't know how or if it is even possible.

For the past few weeks I have been looking for a guide on how to triple boot using Windows 7, OS X and Ubuntu. However, I have not been able to find a guide that pertains to my situation; my situation is that I have Windows 7 already installed which I am currently using and now I want to install and use OS X and Ubuntu in a triple boot configuration. The guides that I have seen so far have OS X as the starting operating system and go on to show how to install Windows 7 then Ubuntu, or the guides force me to repartition the drive with my Windows 7 installation and start all over, or the guides only show me how to install all three operating systems on a single drive with three partitions.

Ideally here is what I would like...
1. Keep my original Windows 7 installation intact. I have quite a few programs installed and would very much enjoy not having to set up everything again.
2. Have each operating system (Windows 7, Mac OS X, and Ubuntu) on their own hard drive. Or at the very least have OS X and Ubuntu on a single drive, each with their own partition
3. Be able to triple boot and select the operating system I wish to use.

I'm not sure how feasible this all is but anyway if you all in Tom's Hardware land could let me know if this is even possible, give me some how-to info or send me a link to a guide on how to get the configuration I want that would be fantastic. I previously posted this on the Windows 7 section of the forums but I was wondering what all you Linux people have to offer as an answer.

Thank you all.

wombat_tg

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010

Ma'am, actually but :lol:

Have you confirmed your hardware will workout for a Hackintosh? I am not an expert on Hackintoshes, but I have some vague (and possibly incorrect recollection) that the Mac bootloader needs to go in first.

Foshasta Jones

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

Sorry ma'am. Haha.

Yes I have (for the most part) figured out my hardware situation. The Mac bootloader needs to go on first even if I have each of the operating systems on their own hard drive? If so, why?

The Mac bootloader does not need to go on first, particularly as you are going to use separate disks. The main problem is whether your computer will run OS X at all. This is not really the best site for that sort of discussion. Post your query on a Hackintosh specific forum, making sure that you list all of your hardware.

I've just Hackintoshed a system with a Gigabyte m/b. The OS X install was the last one, joining Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and two Linux installations.