Just wanted to know if anyone could give me some quick tips on how to create my own Website.
I am in the process of creating it & never done this before.
I know the sites like Photo Bucket & some of the other sites give you instructions on how to set it up but giving me some tips might keep me from messing it all up & have to start all over.
I see it's alot of fun getting one set up but mind boggling at the start.
Thanks for any tips to getting it set up correctly.
I assume you will need my system & IE version also.
Running IE8, WIN XP Pro SP3, Intel Celeron 1.1 Ghz cpu.
Have all the software installed for setting it up.
Oh! I hope this is the right place to post this.
Learn how to create your site for free in 7 easy steps: Plan, Design, Code (HTML), Upload (FTP), Test, Upload (FTP), Promote, and Maintain. A quick review of these steps is shown below:
1. Plan your site. Outline the purpose, goal(s), target audience, content needed and the overall style wanted. Also, pick your hosting service -- free or commercial.
2. Design your site. Visual appearance is the first thing a visitor sees upon entering a Website. The use of colors, consistency, content, graphics, navigation and Web style all work together toward creating an effective site.
3. Code your site. HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is the 'Code' used to specify text, multimedia documents (graphics, video, animation, and sound). Plus, create hyperlinks between documents. You don't need an expensive HTML editor to create your code, just use the Windows text editor - Notepad. Notepad
4. Upload your files. Upload or File Transfer Protocol (FTP) allows you to transfer files between two computers, via the Internet. When using FTP, you use a program, its called a FTP client.
5. Test (validate) your site. Check your Web pages against the formal standard published by the Worldwide Web Consortium (W3C), check your Web pages for broken links and identify spelling errors. Various validation services are available for free.
6. Promote your site. Add Meta data to each Web page; register your site with the top search engines and directories. Also, don't forget to promote your site off-line.
7. Maintain your site. Keep your site up to date. If you want people coming back, you must add new information on a regular basis. Having a Website means your job is never done!
8. Looking for a professional Web design agency? Check out Teknicks the award winning web design agency and SEO agency.
Thank's for those great tips.
I'm using Freewebs hosting site & is rather confusing getting started.
Hope it's a sutable site to use.
Know there's more to chose from.
Wanted to find one that's easier to understand & has better guidance.
Already got my background inserted, going for music & pics next.
You've helped me out alot understanding how to get started.