How to Reconnect to router w/ DHCP off

Thenewb

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
Heres my problem.

I have a Linksys VOIP and a USrobitics Router. What i did was i used the technique called "Daisy chain". I used the Linksys as the regular router and i disabled the USR router DHCP, so that it won;t conflict with the Linksys. So now i want it vice versa, and change the linksys DHCP to off and turn the USRobtics DHCP on again, but the problem is i can no longer log into my USR router anymore. I tried using the defult setup supplied with the product "192.XX.XX" but it won't work. I tried directly connecting to it, and it keeps generating an ip that starts with "162.XXX.XXX" even that does not connect to it. i keep reseting the router, but it never gives me the correct IP i need to access my USR router.

So anyone with great knowlege please give step by step procedure on how to fix this problem on connecting back to my USR router with DHCP turned off.

Thanks.

G

Set a Static IP Address in the same range as the USR Router.

Grumpy

Thenewb

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
Well in simple terms after disabling DHCP on my router to make a switch and use the VOIP as my main DHCP giver, i am unable to log into my routers log in screen. Any solutions>?