How do you stop 'All Programs' list from scrolling?

I know that you can get XP to show the All Program list to display all
of its contents as a series of columns instead of using the scrolling
option but can not figure out how to do it? Any suggestions?
please post or reply to rosie@artheus.com
thanks

With the Classic Start Menu, both of these need to be UNChecked.
XP Start Menu doesn't have ? Use Personalized Menus option.

XP Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
Scroll down to and UNCheck:
? Scroll Programs * |
OK | Apply | OK

Classic Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button |
Scroll down to and UNCheck both of these:
? Scroll Programs * |
? Use Personalized Menus **
OK | Apply | OK

[*Specifies whether to display the items on the Programs menu as one long
scrolling menu or as horizontal pages. Depending on your screen resolution,
if you have more than 29 or 38 programs installed, and you select to have
one long scrolling menu, you can access the programs you don’t see
by clicking the arrow at each end of the list of programs.]

[**Specifies whether to turn on Personalized Menus.
Personalized Menus keeps the Programs menu clean by hiding items you haven't
used recently, while still keeping other programs easily accessible. You
can gain access to hidden programs by clicking the down arrow at the bottom
of the Programs menu.]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:byPke.10341$lQ3.1110@bignews5.bellsouth.net,
artheus <artheus@bellsouth.net> hunted and pecked:
> I know that you can get XP to show the All Program list to display all
> of its contents as a series of columns instead of using the scrolling
> option but can not figure out how to do it? Any suggestions?
> please post or reply to rosie@artheus.com
> thanks

It worked! Thanks, I was going buggie trying to figure out how I had
done it last time.
/\

Wesley Vogel wrote:

> With the Classic Start Menu, both of these need to be UNChecked.
> XP Start Menu doesn't have ? Use Personalized Menus option.
>
> XP Start Menu >>
> Right click the Start button | Properties |
> Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
> Scroll down to and UNCheck:
> ? Scroll Programs * |
> OK | Apply | OK
>
> Classic Start Menu >>
> Right click the Start button | Properties |
> Start Menu tab | Customize button |
> Scroll down to and UNCheck both of these:
> ? Scroll Programs * |
> ? Use Personalized Menus **
> OK | Apply | OK
>
> [*Specifies whether to display the items on the Programs menu as one
> long scrolling menu or as horizontal pages. Depending on your screen
> resolution, if you have more than 29 or 38 programs installed, and
> you select to have one long scrolling menu, you can access the
> programs you don’t see by clicking the arrow at each end of the list
> of programs.]
>
> [**Specifies whether to turn on Personalized Menus.
> Personalized Menus keeps the Programs menu clean by hiding items you
> haven't used recently, while still keeping other programs easily
> accessible. You can gain access to hidden programs by clicking the
> down arrow at the bottom of the Programs menu.]

Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes