Opera browser on TCL TV

tasnan49

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Hello, have anew TCL TV am very happy with, except cannot access ABC IView due to wrong version of Adobe Flash Player and disabling of Javascript. Opera doesn't have settings/preferences so nowhere to change the latter, and how do I update Abobe? System is Linux 32bit

tasnan49

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Hi Amdfangirl

No there is nothing in the manual about updating the system at all. Since this is a browser in a TV not on a computer, I cannot even download a new version of anything with Opera because I don't know where it goes, or how to install it. So I guess there is no way to update the system. I have emailed TCL in Australia but no reply, am wondering if their customer service is any good.

I know it's not the answer you really want but when you can get an MK802 running Android 4 for under £50* nowadays adding decent internet support to a TV is no longer the pain it used to be. It's the risk of lock-in and upgrade problems that makes me think the separates route is the way to go.

*I've seen them for less on eBay but it's Chinese order rather than retailer.

tasnan49

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012

thanks for the suggestion but I don't want and cannot afford to buy another gadget - am going to contact the authorised service people who are locally based and see what they suggest.