Can Spider cache cleaner be used safely with windows xp?

Hi,
I've downloaded and installed the well known cache cleaner known as "spider",
Is it safe to use this on Windows XP? I am concerned if it can do any
damage? I don't mind if it doesn't work but I just want to make sure that it
won't damage anything.

Thanks
Comperio
5 answers Last reply
More about spider cache cleaner safely windows

    Never heard of "Spider cache cleaner"... hope you
    didn't pay for it!

    Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
    to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

    How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

    HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Comperio" wrote:

    | Hi,
    | I've downloaded and installed the well known cache cleaner known as "spider",
    | Is it safe to use this on Windows XP? I am concerned if it can do any
    | damage? I don't mind if it doesn't work but I just want to make sure that it
    | won't damage anything.
    |
    | Thanks
    | Comperio

    Well known? I have been in these news groups since their inception and I
    believe this is the first time I have heard "this one" mentioned! More info
    please.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    Comperio wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I've downloaded and installed the well known cache cleaner known as
    > "spider", Is it safe to use this on Windows XP? I am concerned if it
    > can do any damage? I don't mind if it doesn't work but I just want to
    > make sure that it won't damage anything.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Comperio

    Use this one instead.
    http://www.buttuglysoftware.com/

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    Hi,

    I've not heard anything negative about Spider, and usually if there's a
    negative reaction, we'd see it here.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Comperio" <Comperio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I've downloaded and installed the well known cache cleaner known as
    > "spider",
    > Is it safe to use this on Windows XP? I am concerned if it can do any
    > damage? I don't mind if it doesn't work but I just want to make sure that
    > it
    > won't damage anything.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Comperio

    It's a four year old program.

    Spider Documentation US
    http://www.fsm.nl/ward/spiderus.html

    Link from here...
    Under Index.dat
    [[To view or delete the contents of the index.dat files on your computer,
    you can use a free program called Spider 1.16. It can be downloaded from
    here.]]
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_i.htm

    Spider
    http://www.fsm.nl/ward/index.html

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uLcopkMYFHA.4036@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Richard Urban <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Well known? I have been in these news groups since their inception and I
    > believe this is the first time I have heard "this one" mentioned! More
    > info please.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    >
    > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    > "Comperio" <Comperio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> I've downloaded and installed the well known cache cleaner known as
    >> "spider",
    >> Is it safe to use this on Windows XP? I am concerned if it can do any
    >> damage? I don't mind if it doesn't work but I just want to make sure that
    >> it
    >> won't damage anything.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Comperio