Can Spider cache cleaner be used safely with windows xp?

May 24, 2005 9:39:31 PM

Hi,
I've downloaded and installed the well known cache cleaner known as "spider",
Is it safe to use this on Windows XP? I am concerned if it can do any
damage? I don't mind if it doesn't work but I just want to make sure that it
won't damage anything.

Thanks
Comperio
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:47:12 AM

Never heard of "Spider cache cleaner"... hope you
didn't pay for it!

Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Comperio" wrote:

| Hi,
| I've downloaded and installed the well known cache cleaner known as "spider",
| Is it safe to use this on Windows XP? I am concerned if it can do any
| damage? I don't mind if it doesn't work but I just want to make sure that it
| won't damage anything.
|
| Thanks
| Comperio
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 1:29:13 AM

Well known? I have been in these news groups since their inception and I
believe this is the first time I have heard "this one" mentioned! More info
please.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"Comperio" <Comperio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I've downloaded and installed the well known cache cleaner known as
> "spider",
> Is it safe to use this on Windows XP? I am concerned if it can do any
> damage? I don't mind if it doesn't work but I just want to make sure that
> it
> won't damage anything.
>
> Thanks
> Comperio
Related resources
May 25, 2005 3:00:02 AM

Comperio wrote:
> Hi,
> I've downloaded and installed the well known cache cleaner known as
> "spider", Is it safe to use this on Windows XP? I am concerned if it
> can do any damage? I don't mind if it doesn't work but I just want to
> make sure that it won't damage anything.
>
> Thanks
> Comperio

Use this one instead.
http://www.buttuglysoftware.com/

--
Mike Pawlak
Anonymous

Hi,

I've not heard anything negative about Spider, and usually if there's a
negative reaction, we'd see it here.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Comperio" <Comperio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I've downloaded and installed the well known cache cleaner known as
> "spider",
> Is it safe to use this on Windows XP? I am concerned if it can do any
> damage? I don't mind if it doesn't work but I just want to make sure that
> it
> won't damage anything.
>
> Thanks
> Comperio
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 1:52:59 PM

It's a four year old program.

Spider Documentation US
http://www.fsm.nl/ward/spiderus.html

Link from here...
Under Index.dat
[[To view or delete the contents of the index.dat files on your computer,
you can use a free program called Spider 1.16. It can be downloaded from
here.]]
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_i.htm

Spider
http://www.fsm.nl/ward/index.html