Sign in with
Your question

Remote desktop connection

Last response: in Windows XP
January 21, 2009 11:10:39 AM

Hi!

I have 3 PC's. I would like to connect to PC1 remotely from PC2 and 3, but there is a problem that I can't figure out. If PC2 is connected (to PC1) and I try to connect with PC3, I will kick off PC2 and connect. I don't wont this.

How can I check if there is an active session on PC1 so that anyone who tries to connect first can see that there is another user connected?
January 22, 2009 2:35:13 PM

You can so use a program called VNC. Install the server and viewer on all 3 PCs and that way you can remote into any of them from any of them. You can have more than one connection as well. It is free too. There is a paid version that has to be used for Vista.

WWW.REALVNC.COM
Related resources
January 22, 2009 5:12:10 PM

RealVNC is totally free as well. They just have a paid version with more features. The free version works perfectly for simple remote controlling. Works across WANs too.
January 23, 2009 11:35:26 AM

Thanks for help.

I tried VNC but it is slow compared to applications based on RDP (imho). I also tried alowing multiple sessions, but the thing I really would to do is to see without connecting if there is an active session. I tried some queries in command prompt but couldn't query over network. Any ideas?
!