activesync - confused

August 22, 2005 11:48:24 AM

when syncing wirelessly there are 3 options.

peak, offpeak and roaming

if you are syncing wirelessly surely you are always roaming ? if not what is
roaming in this case and how do I tell my ppc I am roaming.

I don't want to use the remote server sync all the time but would like to
tell my ppc I am roaming so it will sync every 30 mins.

I have googled but all the sites I find don't really explain it at all,

David

More about : activesync confused

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 6:46:00 PM

Please note that those options are only for mobile schedule - automatic sync
without your intervention.

If you don't want to use Mobile Schedule you can do the syncs manually.

Now, for the roaming - you can do wireless sync:

- in your home network, in your company network, using Wifi - no roaming
then
- when covered by your own cellular network, through GPRS - no roaming.
- when travelling and connected to another cellular network, through GPRS -
then you are roaming.

--
Helio Diamant
MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

"David Cleland" <davidjcleland@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> when syncing wirelessly there are 3 options.
>
> peak, offpeak and roaming
>
> if you are syncing wirelessly surely you are always roaming ? if not what
> is roaming in this case and how do I tell my ppc I am roaming.
>
> I don't want to use the remote server sync all the time but would like to
> tell my ppc I am roaming so it will sync every 30 mins.
>
> I have googled but all the sites I find don't really explain it at all,
>
> David

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 6:46:01 PM

> Please note that those options are only for mobile schedule - automatic
> sync without your intervention.

thanks, I notice today I did a manual sync and after forgot to disconnec the
gprs (I thought I had) but about 30 mins later an email arrived - it was as
if the email went straight to the pda ?

David
!