Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43) usb

Look for new chipset drivers. In the case of Intel chipsets, the new chipset drivers also update the driver for the USB controllers. If it still happens after seeking new chipset drivers, consider that the usb device you are trying to use may be faulty.

What sort of USB devices do you have rigged to the computer? If the USB cord is replaceable on some of them, get a new one and see if that works. I've found in the past that by switching USB cords, Windows will quit throwing error messgaes. But yes, give the chipset update a go first.

Deathschythe33

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Hello Im new here. I have Win SE7EN Retail installed on my desktop PC and I am experiencing the same issue. In devmgr I have an Unknown Device. Device Type: Universal Serial Bus controllers. Device Status: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).

I have two USB devices attached, a DELL mouse, and a Buffalo Ext. HDD. Both devices are working. I have tried to update drivers for the Unknown Device, Windows said it's updated. I tried to rollback the drivers, same thing. I tried to Unplug both USB devices and used my PS-2 mouse during t/s, same thing. I tried to uninstall the device while in devmgr and scanned for h/w changes. After a few seconds the Unknown Device would appear again.

Im a tech support rep for DELL I had resolved more than a dozen of the same issue before w/ customer's computers but I am out of ideas as to what is causing this error on my own Desktop PC.

Pls. help. thanks in advance.

G

i have problem with my loptop usb device attached drivers for unkown device i trying still not working it saying code 43 report problem i just dont no what to do there r erroran this lop top

frankybytes

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011

After installing the latest chipset update, try uninstalling the USB drivers from device manager then restart the computer. When the computer restarts the USB drivers are supposed to be installed automatically as windows detects them. Let us know if this works.