FS - AMD K6-2/400 w/ HSF - 32MB PC100 SDRAM ECC

Status
Not open for further replies.

zepper

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2003
For Sale or Trade:

<b>Added:</b> 32MB PC100 SDRAM DIMM, ECC, unbuffered. Made of 18-16Mbit TI chips. Works fine, just pulled from my machine. $10. + s/h.
. It is buyer's responsibility to pre-determine compatibility with his system.

*** SOLD ***. AMD K6-2/400 w/ CoolerMaster ball bearing HSF. Working fine when pulled from my own system (one owner!). Fan runs smooth and quiet . $30. shipped.

Items shipped USPS, insured and w/proof of delivery. Ship within USA and maybe to Canada if you twist my arm.

Thanks for looking and Please Bump!
.bh.

Feedback on ebay: Technoia
and Automan-7 (I managed the auctions for Automan-7's owner)
Edit: Heatware - <A HREF="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php4?id=13767" target="_new"><b>HEAT</b></A>

Edit: Apparently others have been having problems getting a response from Heatware (see "Off Topic" and "For Sale - Trade" sections on Anandtech forums (forums.anandtech.com).
Edit: Seems that Heatware has gotten it back together.

Thanks for looking and Please Bump!

----------
Perhaps the only reason for your existence is to act as a warning to others...
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by zepper on 03/27/03 02:47 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'll swap you, but you'll have to give me a couple days to test the RAM for compatability with one of my boards.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

zepper

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2003
I'm fairly sure that you are aware that is not how these deals work. If you tell me the Make, Model and Rev. # of the mobos you're thinking of using it in, I'll check them out as best I can for compatibility. But once you've got the module, it's yours.
. And it won't happen at all if you don't have solid feedback from Heatware and/or ebay. LMK about your feedback and exactly what you are offering in exchange.

. Thanks for your offer.
.bh.

----------

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You're not from around here, are you, punk? I've got perfect feedback scores at both Heatware and Ebay. Now that we got your INSULT addressed...

I have a LOT of parts here. I'm 90% certain it will work on at least one of my boards. But like I said, I have a LOT of parts, that would take a LOT of time to look up the specs on every single one of them.

If you want to see my eBay feedback, look up my userid by clicking on one of my motherboard adds in here. As for heatware, I won't tell you because you'll probably trash me for calling you a punk.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

zepper

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2003
Yes, I'm not from around here. I spend my time mainly on the Anandtech and TechIMO forums. But I've been doing PC tech probably for longer than you've been alive (22-years). And I didn't use any ad hominem in my reply which you have already resorted to.
. It's difficult doing these things long distance and one needs as much reassurance as possible. Anything I said in my post wasn't intended to be taken personally. It's Clintonian to be offended over factual statements.
. What I do know is that the parts I'm offering are in working order at this time. I was using the CPU in my own machine and ran several loops of Memtest86 on the SDRAM. It has never been in a mobo except for that test. If your board can use that type of SDRAM (it is a standard - not proprietary - SDRAM module with ECC and Registered (buffered) there is a reference .pdf on the Samsung Electronics site where you can easily check all specs by the module Id. no.). It may not work if mixed with other brands/types of SDRAM, but that's a possibility with any module. If it doesn't work when it gets there, then an insurance claim will have to be filed. Same with the CPU and HSF.
. As I asked earlier, please LMK about what DIMMs you're offering. And thanks again for your offer.
.bh.

----------

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'm offering 1 Crucial PC133 256MB Cas2 module, CT32M64S4D7E.16T The boards I would consider running your module on are
1.) Intel SE440BX-2
2.) Soyo SY-6BA+III
3.) Asus P2B-F
4.) Asus P3B-F
5.) Abit BE6-II
6.) Abit BH6
7.) Abit BX6
8.) Asus P2B v1.10
9.) Asus P2B-B
10.) MSI something or other (it's in the mail)

Yes, I own all these boards. In fact, I own several of each. I refurbish boards to get by while I'm unemployed. And I'm a lot older than your business.

zepper

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2003
I'm sorry, but none of the listed mobos can use a Registered module - all require unbuffered. At least one is limited to 128MB modules, some are limited to PC100, all can use ECC, NONE can use registered. I thought I had a chance with the P2B-F as the Crucial configurator listed one registered module as compatible, but it turned out to be a db search glitch. The manual for that board specifically states "unbuffered".
. Would you be interested in swapping just the CPU/HSF for the module you listed above?
.bh.

----------
Perhaps the only reason for your existence is to act as a warning to others...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by zepper on 01/30/03 01:24 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Nope, none of the boards have a 128MB per slot limit. I test all my boards using this Crucial 256MB module. The BX supports 256MB on a 16-chip double sided module no matter what the board manufacturer says. You see now why I'd rather test something myself than read the erroneous info posted by the manufacturer?

No, I can get the CPU for less than half the cost of this module from my regular supplier, thanks.

zepper

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2003
Sorry about that. Well I can see where a manual can have info from before the time a certain configuration of module was widely available, such the 256MB and PC133 and which could be fixed with a BIOS update. But Registered support is seldom misreported. However it is often hard to find accurate info on ECC support. For instance, one of my mobos supports ECC but only up to 75MHz FSB.?.
In any case, thanks for the offer and better luck on future deals.
.bh.

----------

Status
Not open for further replies.