Funny product description for noobs :)

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
I just saw a MDG flyer in my mail, and out of intrest, and to see what MDG was trying to scam people into buying, took a look.

I posted this because it gave me a laugh and reminds me of all the confusion between cpu names and general product descriptions and nomenclature.

Until now, when MDG listed specs, it said, "Blazing fast, Intel Pentium D at 3 GIGAHERTZ!!!!zomg". Then a funny little graphic showing the difference between 1 and 2 cores. :)

When C2D came out, they layed off the GIGAHERTZ!!! and focused on the phrase "Revolutionary Next Generation Computing Solution" :p With a name like "Core 2 Duo processor at 1.8ghz(e6300, but they don't show that) with 2mb cache..."

Now it seems people have become really dumb or confused with these names becuase they changed the description to "New Powerful Intel *TWO CORE* Intel Processor"

Now thats only on the budget comp, and it seems like thats too much dumbing down for me lol, it tells you nothing about the processor, only that its new, powerful, and has *TWO* cores :p

Are the names really that confuzing? or is this just another way of MDG screwing people?? :p

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Actually, MDG aren't that bad now. I'd buy one from them over Dell/HP/Compaq(and you get all the original installation cd's including a Genuine Windows disk...not a restore disk). Their advertising is very similar to Tiger Directs though. :)

jackluo923

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
LOL... I never read MDG flyers. They're annoying because if have to dump them from the Vancouver Sun newspaper everyday.
I still remember 3 years old MDG TV ad.

Intel Pentium 4 Processor, the fastest, the most reliable.
If called 1800-xxx-xxxxx you will also receive microsoft software pack. including office works, mircosoft internet explorer * ahah its for free * and a dozen of other useless microsoft office software. Few pictures of software packages fly out.
You'll also receive altec lancing speakers and other bonus offers.
You won't regret your disicion.
Intel music comes in.
huge red text in the middle of the screen that says: 1 dollar a day

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Actually, MDG aren't that bad now. I'd buy one from them over Dell/HP/Compaq(and you get all the original installation cd's including a Genuine Windows disk...not a restore disk). Their advertising is very similar to Tiger Directs though. :)

LOL, Tiger is the best...

I love their emails to me...

"Listen up Brad, have I got a deal for you. Now this is a limited time offer so buy quick before you run out of time, or think about the obscene price we charge. $500 for an FX-62 barebones system brad, come on. We'er really trying to show you how great we are by selling the cpu, a $600 value, plus mobo, a $10 value, 2 GIGS of (shitram) for $50, all for $500.

Sincerely, TigerDirect Pres...

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
This reminds me of an old PC magazine I was reading a couple of days ago; "Pentium4 3.0HT with the new Prescott core; more performance per MHz"
LOL, to think that Prescott sucks even compared to the older Northwood.

wbirkin

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
something fishy about mdg's pricing. they have offers of free upgrades and stuffs including a ps3 or xbox360 at the same price then about $100 more of those two alone. they probably have those hidden fees.

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
something fishy about mdg's pricing. they have offers of free upgrades and stuffs including a ps3 or xbox360 at the same price then about $100 more of those two alone. they probably have those hidden fees.

I went to MDG once, and the guy says the "free upgrades" are extra stock of old/broken/lower grade parts. So if you get a free gig of memory, your just getting 2gb of craop memory, while with 1gb you get better stuff.