How to clean a Silverstone TJ09-BW?

timehopper

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
I just put my new system in this case and the anodized finish gets stained by finger prints easily, i was trying to clean them off with a rag but they don't come off. I was wondering if anyone can recomend a safe and efficient way to clean this case. Help me out here, guys!

jackluo923

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
wear vinyl gloves when you touch it. Just kidding
Considering getting a plastic film or something to stick onto the case. Plastic doesn't catch contaminants as easy as other materials.

timehopper

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
Tried using a tiny drop of dish dtergent and lint free cotton cloth and it workd pretty well, i think windex could be a good idea as well. As far as covering the case in plastic, well, that sounds like a pain, i'm wondering if anyone has ever done that.

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Thanks man for that. I too also own a SS TJ09. And i have tried everything aluminum cleaner and other stuff nothing worked that great. I am heading to go and get me some Windex and try that out. I hope it does my case needs a good cleaning. You are so right the case gets dirty so quick it shows all your fingerprints all over it.

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Awesome, Thanks a lot man that really helps me out alot the fingerprints have been killing me. What did you use to wipe it off with? LoL i want it get it all pretty and shiny again like new rofl :p.

timehopper

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
I wipe the windex off with a slightly damp cotton cloth or a dry cotton cloth, haven't decided which one works better yet.

I'm wondering if you are having a problem with the dust sticking to the case, i got the black version so the dust really shows, i have to wipe it like twice a day.

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Yea i do have the same issue. Mine is the silver edition so the dust does not show up badly but if rub my hand across the top of the case after one or two days you can def. feel it. IMO i think the case should have had a smoother finish to it. The aluminum is very rough my old Lian-Li felt a lot smoother to the touch then my SS case.

timehopper

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
Yep, i think you are right, damp cloth does leave slight streaks, though i can only see them if the light shines on it so dry cotton cloth is better

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Thank you for everyone that helped in this post lol. Windex works like a charm. I used Windex with a few paper towels and my case is back to looking brand new. Thanks mpilchfamily!!