Sign in with
Your question

Help with restoring files

Last response: in Applications
November 17, 2009 12:19:11 AM

Hello,

I have backuped my friend's data and reinstalled windows, but there was a hidden file I missed. When I formatted windows I just did a quick format to ntfs for Win XP. I tried to use GetDataBack for NTFS and it found the file names (mainly text files), but when they were restored they were all jumbled and on some files Word didn't recognize the file format. Is there a better program to use to restore data?

Thanks

More about : restoring files

November 27, 2009 6:16:11 AM

What kind of file is this? I sometimes use CardRecovery for images.
December 1, 2009 2:22:22 AM

Recuva worked for me 2
Related resources
December 1, 2009 7:28:48 AM

Recuva is the best and free...
December 1, 2009 5:56:36 PM

Another vote for Recuva, and there's another application called restoration, you could use it in case you don't have any luck with recuva.
July 30, 2010 11:49:03 AM

yes using a recommended recovery program is the best step to avoid nonsense with your data which is most precious for you.However freeware does not work all times may be because of limited features or you could not find the files of your choice i-e with files or folder name and size.
December 1, 2010 4:36:02 AM

Why to go for any free recovery program, try this video recovery software, you can restore all your lost video files. The different video file formats like mp4, mpg, mov and avi can be recovered using the software. You can perform the video retrieval with the less effort since the efficient video recovery tool provides an easy-to-use interface to the user. The software is capable to recover deleted videos, audio and photos from camera memory cards, USB drives and other flash memory storage devices.
March 16, 2012 7:02:16 AM

Well, you need to take help of mts recovery software which is a perfect solution to get back the data easily and efficiently . Get and recover all your videos in a moment
!