Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Vista Ultimate 64bit on SATA HDD

Last response: in Windows Vista
Share
February 23, 2009 8:03:15 PM

Hi,
I am having problems with installing Vista Ultimate 64 bit on my SATA HDD. I get to the copying phase which I pass but when I get to the expanding phase it always stays on 0%.

After a couple of minutes I get an error message :"Windows canot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070017".

I have installed Xp Home with no problems on the SATA HDD.I have heard something about Sata drivers but I have no idea where to get them.

Could someone point me to some direction?

Here are the specs:
CPU: Intel i7 920
Mobo: Asus P6T
HDD: Samsung HD501LJ SpinPoint T
RAM: DDR3 6GB 1333 Kingston
February 24, 2009 1:50:59 AM

You don't need SATA drivers to install Vista. Did you burn the DVD from an ISO image? If so, burn it again at a lower speed or use a different DVD (drive and/or media).
m
0
l
February 24, 2009 7:27:05 AM

GhislainG said:
You don't need SATA drivers to install Vista. Did you burn the DVD from an ISO image? If so, burn it again at a lower speed or use a different DVD (drive and/or media).


Thanks a lot. That really solved my problem. I burned the iso at 1x and it didn't create any problems while installing Vista. :D 
m
0
l
Related resources
February 25, 2009 1:13:33 PM

sam91 said:
Hi,
I am having problems with installing Vista Ultimate 64 bit on my SATA HDD. I get to the copying phase which I pass but when I get to the expanding phase it always stays on 0%.

After a couple of minutes I get an error message :"Windows canot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070017".

I have installed Xp Home with no problems on the SATA HDD.I have heard something about Sata drivers but I have no idea where to get them.

Could someone point me to some direction?

Here are the specs:
CPU: Intel i7 920
Mobo: Asus P6T
HDD: Samsung HD501LJ SpinPoint T
RAM: DDR3 6GB 1333 Kingston


sam91 said:
Thanks a lot. That really solved my problem. I burned the iso at 1x and it didn't create any problems while installing Vista. :D 


GhislainG said:
You don't need SATA drivers to install Vista. Did you burn the DVD from an ISO image? If so, burn it again at a lower speed or use a different DVD (drive and/or media).



@ghislaing Just curious? How could you have possibly known the OP was trying to install from a burnt copy of the installation DVD, there is nothing indicating that in any of his post?
m
0
l
February 25, 2009 5:38:33 PM

Because it's a fairly common issue when people burn the ISO image on a DVD at full speed (it really depends on the burner and the quality of the media). It rarely occurs when one uses a Microsoft DVD.
m
0
l
February 25, 2009 5:57:39 PM

Well that makes you, "Johnny Wishbone, Psychic Extraordinaire" LOL

Good Call Dude!
m
0
l
!