windows activation period expired computer wont fire up

May 25, 2005 7:00:06 AM

I was away when the activation period expired for windows xp pro.
now the computer wont load windows. I have tried reinstalling it but it
won't allow that either
can anyone help
thanks
leon
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 10:26:07 AM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 03:00:06 -0700, leonh wrote:

> I was away when the activation period expired for windows xp pro.
> now the computer wont load windows. I have tried reinstalling it but it
> won't allow that either
> can anyone help
> thanks
> leon

You can still boot into Safe Mode and activate from there. To boot into
Safe Mode, start up the computer and hold down the F8 key until the boot
menu appears. On the boot menu select the option to boot to Safe Mode with
Networking. Once logged in and at the desktop you should then be able to
activate.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

May 25, 2005 8:38:44 PM

format you're harddisc drive

start you're computer with a boot disk so you can typ commands in dos,
then typ: format c:
when c is you're harddrive

you can download the bootdisk here:
http://www.bootdisk.com/

after that, you must put you're windows cd in the cd-rom drive and
install it.

geetz

wouter

<leonh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was away when the activation period expired for windows xp pro.
>now the computer wont load windows. I have tried reinstalling it but it
>won't allow that either
>can anyone help
>thanks
>leon
May 25, 2005 8:38:45 PM

Wouter Kattenbeld wrote:
> format you're harddisc drive
>
> start you're computer with a boot disk so you can typ commands in dos,
> then typ: format c:
> when c is you're harddrive
>
> you can download the bootdisk here:
> http://www.bootdisk.com/
>
> after that, you must put you're windows cd in the cd-rom drive and
> install it.

Way over the top. A full reinstall of Windows is *not* required just
because you missed the activation deadline.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

May 26, 2005 6:51:29 AM

Wouter Kattenbeld wrote:
> format you're harddisc drive
>
> start you're computer with a boot disk so you can typ commands in dos,
> then typ: format c:
> when c is you're harddrive
>
> you can download the bootdisk here:
> http://www.bootdisk.com/
>
> after that, you must put you're windows cd in the cd-rom drive and
> install it.
>
> geetz
>

> wouter

As it is plainly obvious your first language isn't English, I'll go easy,
but your post makes no sense. 'You're' is a contraction of 'you are', you're
looking for the possessive pronoun 'your'.

What you've typed is: - format you are hard disk (and it's spelt with a 'k'
the 'c' spelling is usually reserved for optical media).

Start you are computer....

When c is you are hard drive (it's two words, not one)...

You must put you are Windows CD in the CD ROM drive...

See, it doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?

May 26, 2005 10:46:19 PM

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
> Wouter Kattenbeld wrote:
>
>>format you're harddisc drive
>>
>>start you're computer with a boot disk so you can typ commands in dos,
>>then typ: format c:
>>when c is you're harddrive
>>
>>you can download the bootdisk here:
>>http://www.bootdisk.com/
>>
>>after that, you must put you're windows cd in the cd-rom drive and
>>install it.
>>
>>geetz
>>

>>wouter
>

> As it is plainly obvious your first language isn't English, I'll go easy,
> but your post makes no sense. 'You're' is a contraction of 'you are', you're
> looking for the possessive pronoun 'your'.
>
> What you've typed is: - format you are hard disk (and it's spelt with a 'k'
> the 'c' spelling is usually reserved for optical media).
>
> Start you are computer....
>
> When c is you are hard drive (it's two words, not one)...
>
> You must put you are Windows CD in the CD ROM drive...
>
> See, it doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?

Sorry for my English, and i just wanna help, but thanks for correcting
my message.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 11:48:30 PM

"Wouter Kattenbeld" <news@nassan.nl> wrote in message

> Sorry for my English, and i just wanna help, but thanks for correcting my
> message.

Nice to see that no offence was taken.

--
Regards
Joe Steele

Another fabulously useless post. Congratulations.

!