Sign in with
Your question

Forcing AA/AF in BF2 with ATi cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 25, 2007 2:51:29 AM

Question--

Is it possible to force AA/AF at the driver level using ATi's catalyst in Battlefield 2? When I try to do this, the AA clearly does not work in the game. I can set AA in the game and then it will work, but if I disable AA in the game and force at the driver level it doesn't work.

The point is I want to try some of the new settings on the HD2900XT (narrow and wide tent aa) but I can't seem to force it at the driver level.

I had the same problem trying to force settings on my X1800XT?

Could anyone clear this up for me?

More about : forcing bf2 ati cards

May 25, 2007 3:37:34 AM

Quote:
Question--

Is it possible to force AA/AF at the driver level using ATi's catalyst in Battlefield 2? When I try to do this, the AA clearly does not work in the game. I can set AA in the game and then it will work, but if I disable AA in the game and force at the driver level it doesn't work.

The point is I want to try some of the new settings on the HD2900XT (narrow and wide tent aa) but I can't seem to force it at the driver level.

I had the same problem trying to force settings on my X1800XT?

Could anyone clear this up for me?
Why don't you just try it on different games? Even then, it's not like you're missing a whole; ATI's new tent settings are basically a revival of the Geforce FX's ugly quincunx antialiasing method as it severely blurs the entire image and tries to act like it's performs better with more antialiasing samples. :roll:
!