Best virtual drive emulator ap for win 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trale

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
I'm choosing between several options for a virtual drive ap, so far I've come across Daemon Tools (free and pro version), Alcohol 120%, and
Virtual CloneDrive (freeware)

Which one of these can be said to be "best"? or are there better options than those listed? What are some things I should note about each?

BTW I'm running Windows 7 - 64 bit, so might there be compatibilities issues?

Salladin

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
I am using Daemon Tools and I think it's the best. The latest free version DAEMON Tools Lite 4.35.6 has support for Windows 7 and formats: cue/bin, iso, ccd, bwt, mds, cdi, nrg, pdi, b5t.

I also think that DAEMON Tools Lite is the best software for emulation. Not only it's fast but also very functional.

By the way net89 - this download24.com of your is a fantastic site, i'll surely come back for new downloads :) Thanks for sharing

brandoncatz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Another vote for Daemon Tools. Been using it for a few years now. They have come out with a Lite version, which gives you all the basics and it is freeware. I think you have a limit of creating only a few virtual drives, but I can't recall for sure. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and have yet to have any issues. Easy install and config. I disable the auto-start via msconfig and run on-demand for the few times that I use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.