Emachines T3516 - no sound

kkoorndyk

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
I'm trying to fix my brother's computer. I don't know what the hell he did to it, but in trying to remove a virus, he "lost" his sound.

The computer is an Emachines T3516 with a RC410-M rev 1.1 mobo. The driver that used to be installed was Sigmatel C-major Audio. I found the drivers on the emachines website: http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T%20Series&model=T3516
However, when attempting to install it, I receive a "Device Object not present, restart the system and run the setup again" error. Restarting the system doesn't help.

Sounds and Audio Devices Properties dialog box from Control Panel indicates "No Audio Device".

Device Manager shows a big yellow question mark for Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus". Attempting to install the driver from there, pointing at the installation folder from the emachines driver above fails with "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software".

I've seen several posts on the web where installing the Windows hotfixes KB888111 and KB835221 worked for some people. I tried that, too, but no joy.

Can anyone help me out here??

G

I am having the same exact problem. But I reinstalled XP on it and I cant get any of the drivers from the emachines website. I did a live chat with a emachine support guy and he didnt really help me he just told me to reinstall xp again and try it. if anyone knows how i can get the drivers to work or where i can download drivers that work please help.....

carsen

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
i am doing same thing but i found out dont ask tech support because they dont no anything at all and i am thinking you need to contact the makers of the mother board to get a chipset disk or where u can get the drivers because so far only emachines computer i never have had a prob with is mine the t3302

The problem starts when an automatic update corrupts the audio drivers. This is why so many have shut off the automatic updates.

You may need to shut off the firewall or antivirus before you install drivers.

One other source of drivers besides e machines is the motherboard manufacturer, or the audio hardware manufacturer. But do not trust any other source for drivers, besides the manufacturers. Do not download drivers from "free helpful" sources, or "share wares"

You can find the maker of the audio hardware in the e machines specifications, or manuals.

Double click the speaker icon in the lower right hand of the desktop, this will bring up the mixer, or single click to bring up the volume control.
But in case the volume is missing, corrupted, or the audio is otherwise non-functional:
you check whichever audio was installed:
click start, control panel, add remove programs, look at the list...
which audio software is shown on the list? delete it, restart the computer.

now visit the motherboard manufacturer or computer manufacturer's website
look up your computer drivers by model number
download the latest audio drivers, save on the desktop...
turn the antivirus off,
if you have multiple security programs installed, turn them all off
(your driver may not install if security systems are turned on)
now load your new audio driver, restart, turn the antivirus back on.
Let the forum know if that solves the problem. SGM

If you downloaded free security software from the internet, you may have bigger problems. This type of software can corrupt your operating system. Avoid it.

Mike 101

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011

What I did for the same problem was to go to the E Machines web site and under support I think it was I found the audio driver to download. It is a Realtek driver I think. After it downloaded, I opened the Realtec folder and found an icon for setup, which I opened and followed all the prompts. It installed it to my computer with installwizard I think. Anyway, it told me that new hardware was found and successfully
installed. I'm not much with computers, but after a couple of days this is what solved my problem of no sound and hardware wizard not being able to find the necessary hardware, or no device on thew volume control under sounds in the control panel. I guess just make sure you can install the Realtec driver from E Machines and get it to open and set up. Mike