Can't contact some email addrresses!

When trying to click on some contacts on various websites I get "Could not
perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly
installed." Can someone please tell me how to fix this? My email client is
OE 6 and is set as default, I think. Thanks.
JCW
4 answers Last reply
More about contact email addrresses

    reinstall the mail client like it says!: "....the mail client was not
    properly installed...."

    "JCW" <jcw@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > When trying to click on some contacts on various websites I get "Could not
    > perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly
    > installed." Can someone please tell me how to fix this? My email client is
    > OE 6 and is set as default, I think. Thanks.
    > JCW

    Ok but why does it work properly for most messages and only does it on some
    sites. And will I lose any settings or emails or addresses if I reinstall?
    Thanks

    JCW
    "Andrew Murray" <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> wrote in message
    > reinstall the mail client like it says!: "....the mail client was not
    > properly installed...."
    >
    > "JCW" <jcw@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    >> When trying to click on some contacts on various websites I get "Could
    >> not perform this operation because the default mail client is not
    >> properly installed." Can someone please tell me how to fix this? My email
    >> client is OE 6 and is set as default, I think. Thanks.
    >> JCW

    you can keep the information
    go to: extra's account settings, then the find de mail account en write
    down the settings..

    JCW wrote:
    > Ok but why does it work properly for most messages and only does it on some
    > sites. And will I lose any settings or emails or addresses if I reinstall?
    > Thanks
    >
    > JCW
    > "Andrew Murray" <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> wrote in message
    >
    >>reinstall the mail client like it says!: "....the mail client was not
    >>properly installed...."
    >>
    >>"JCW" <jcw@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>When trying to click on some contacts on various websites I get "Could
    >>>not perform this operation because the default mail client is not
    >>>properly installed." Can someone please tell me how to fix this? My email
    >>>client is OE 6 and is set as default, I think. Thanks.
    >>>JCW

    Open OE and then click Tools, Accounts. Click the Mail tab then
    double-click your email account. Then make sure that your email address is
    entered in the Reply address as well as the E-mail address.

    PattyL

    > Ok but why does it work properly for most messages and only does it on
    > some sites. And will I lose any settings or emails or addresses if I
    > reinstall? Thanks
    >
    > JCW
    > "Andrew Murray" <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> wrote in message
    >> reinstall the mail client like it says!: "....the mail client was not
    >> properly installed...."
    >>
    >> "JCW" <jcw@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    >>> When trying to click on some contacts on various websites I get "Could
    >>> not perform this operation because the default mail client is not
    >>> properly installed." Can someone please tell me how to fix this? My
    >>> email client is OE 6 and is set as default, I think. Thanks.
    >>> JCW

Default Email Microsoft Windows XP