**Solved** Thanks Skittle. Ubuntu load from USB

snakey1989

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Hey. I've trawled through several searches, to no avail, so I apologise if this question has been previously answered.
I own a little Acer Aspire One with no cd drive (its a 10' notebook and was given it with operating system / AVG failure and wont boot windows), so I thought I'd put Linux on it. I have a C.D. with i386 - 32bit (as it is compatible with MOST things) which I've had running on a HP notebook of a friends, have created an iso with IMGburn, and created a bootable thumb drive (4gb Imation) with Rufus. When I boot from USB I am asked for akeyboard layout - no worries and then I get a command prompt (FeeDOS DISPLAY ver. 0.013). once I managed to get a very basic help screen that got me nowhere of use. The only thing I can get it to do is tel it a:\>drive which it chucks a hissy fit as this is not the USB drive and it is stuck at that.
Wondering what I've got wrong?
Any help would be muchly appreciated. Cheers.
Blake.

snakey1989

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !!!
Had tried about 5 different installers (including the famed unetbootin), no luck. After 3 DAYS at it its booted. THANKYOU SO VER DAMNED MUCH.
P.s. would recommend linuxliveusb to ANYONE. Even a brand noob could do it. Like myself. I'ma game / oc geek, not a software man.
Cheers again Skittle.
:bounce: