Disk Imaging Issue

Tags:
  • Enterprise Software
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
  • Apps
Last response: in Apps General Discussion
November 24, 2009 3:05:58 PM

Would like to save a little time and work by imaging a system for 20 identical computers (Windows XP) I need to deploy.
Was going to with Ghost until I talked to them about licensing. Seems that after you purchase the program (approx. $60.00) you have to also pay a license fee (Approx $39.00) for every image you apply. Makes this program too expensive.

I could use recommendations for an imaging program that won't brake the bank.
Thanks.

More about : disk imaging issue

November 27, 2009 6:15:15 AM

Huh? I thought you only need one license to ghost an image multiple times? Who said you had to pay for each additional image?
m
l
November 27, 2009 3:18:42 PM

r_manic said:
Huh? I thought you only need one license to ghost an image multiple times? Who said you had to pay for each additional image?

I was under the same impression. Not finding ANY information about this on their site, I called Symantec. I was told that EACH time I imaged a system, I owed Symantec $40.00. I made her repeat this twice.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

December 11, 2009 4:41:31 AM

Errr, I should've said this before, but there are GNU alternatives to Ghost like Clonezilla. Have you taken a look at that?
December 23, 2009 10:34:06 PM

r_manic said:
Errr, I should've said this before, but there are GNU alternatives to Ghost like Clonezilla. Have you taken a look at that?

Clonezilla works fine. Thanks
m
l
December 25, 2009 2:41:56 PM

I use Ghost all of the time and there has never been an issue.
m
l
!