jackyw

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Helo, i met with a trouble recently with dos based application, and i need some help here.

I have a dos based application, previously running well in windows 98, but because of bought a new pc system, i wish to use the application in my new pc, running XP. But unluckily, it shows "Not Authorized program!" everytime i try to run the .pif file, or even directly running the .exe file.

can someone help me with this? thanks.
your help will be very much appreciated!~ :)

my email, wtecom@yahoo.com

!!URGENT!!

**if anyone need the program, i can email it to you to give it a try**
VIRUS FREE

If its a true DOS program (not a Win95 port), you can use DosBox (not the command promt within windows, a seperate program) to run it. If that fails, you will need to install an earlier version of windows in order to run it.

MrLinux

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
In Windows Explorer, navigate to the executable program, right-click on it, select Properties and then select the Compatability tab, select the "Run this program in compatabiluty mode" check box and select Windows 98 (or whatever) from the list and click OK.

jackyw

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009

i tried with dosbox 0.72 and it cannot be executed successfully as well. it shows "Not authorized program!"
on the dos screen.

jackyw

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009

i tried every options there, still same. Some says have to set the autoexec.bat configuration as the previous system (win98)... i tried on xp, but still the same.

bhowell

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
If you still have your 98 disks, you can download Virtual PC from Microsoft (free) and make a virtual 98 machine in it. Should be a solution for you.