Runtime error, adsNPopups

May 25, 2005 6:48:05 PM

Is there a way to turn them off? I keep getting an error messages when
I use my browser that says, "A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish
to debug? Line 86. Error: 'adsNPopups' is null or not an object." I
have no idea why I started getting this message all of a sudden. I
once tried clicking Yes to debug. I got as far as seeing the faulty
line in the script, but then I didn't know how to get rid of the line.
If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

--
Dena Jo

Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.

Plonk the bastards: http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 6:48:06 PM

What is the accepted way to share a message across multiple newsgroups?
http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html

Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | Advanced tab |

CHECK:
Disable script debugging
[Specifies whether you want to turn off your script debugger, if one is
installed. Script debuggers are used by Web site developers to test programs
and scripts on their Web pages.]

UNCheck:
Display a notification about every script error
[Specifies whether to display the actual script errors when a page does not
appear properly due to problems with its scripting. This feature is off by
default, but is useful to developers when testing Web pages.]
Apply | OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Xns96614EEC21080DenaJo@130.133.1.4,
Dena Jo <me@privacy.net> hunted and pecked:

In news:Xns96614F29AFEB0DenaJo@130.133.1.4,
Dena Jo <me@privacy.net> hunted and pecked:
> Is there a way to turn them off? I keep getting an error messages when
> I use my browser that says, "A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish
> to debug? Line 86. Error: 'adsNPopups' is null or not an object." I
> have no idea why I started getting this message all of a sudden. I
> once tried clicking Yes to debug. I got as far as seeing the faulty
> line in the script, but then I didn't know how to get rid of the line.
> If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Dena Jo
>
> Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.
>
> Plonk the bastards: http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 8:18:10 AM

On 25 May 2005, Wesley Vogel posted thus:

> What is the accepted way to share a message across multiple
> newsgroups? http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html

Depends on the newsgroups, I guess. In my other newsgroups,
crossposting is seriously frowned upon. But if it's acceptable here,
all the better!

> Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | Advanced tab |
>
> CHECK:
> Disable script debugging
> [Specifies whether you want to turn off your script debugger, if
> one is installed. Script debuggers are used by Web site developers
> to test programs and scripts on their Web pages.]

Worked like a charm.

--
Dena Jo

Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.

Plonk the bastards: http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html
May 26, 2005 1:07:28 PM

In news:Xns9661D880FBD32DenaJo@130.133.1.4,
Dena Jo <me@privacy.net> typed:

> On 25 May 2005, Wesley Vogel posted thus:
>
>> What is the accepted way to share a message across multiple
>> newsgroups? http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html
>
> Depends on the newsgroups, I guess. In my other newsgroups,
> crossposting is seriously frowned upon. But if it's acceptable
> here,
> all the better!

Crossposting is generally frowned upon in all newsgroups because
it's a typical tool of a spammer, broadcasting his spam to many
unrelated newsgroups. But there's nothing wrong with asking a
question in a *few* related newsgroups when it makes sense to do
so. And for someone who does ask a question in several
newsgroups, it's far better to do it by crossposting than by
multiposting. Multiposting is no better than crossposting and is
much worse because it fragments the thread, so that a reply in
one group isn't seen in the others.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 9:54:21 PM

Dena Jo,

What Ken said. :-)

27 people could've posted replies that answered your question and I would
not have known that. If 27 people had answered your question correctly, I
never would've replied. Seeing all the replies to a posted question is
helpful for everyone.

microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.wi...

microsoft.public.windowsxp.general