Checking XP wireless setup?

MarkG

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2004
I think I've configured my router and laptop properly for WPA -- certainly I have the wireless network going and I've told XP it's WPA with the appropriate passphrase -- but I was wondering whether anyone knows if there's a way to get XP to actually tell you what wireless networking settings it's using? Would be nice just to be able to verify that it really is encrypting the data it's sending.

akhilles

Splendid
You mean to see what's actually being transmitted? Some mods would think it's hacking. Heck, on some forums a mention of "hack" is an instant ban.

If you mean the ip, etc. it's in network connections properties. The wifi must be connected to get the settings.

MarkG

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2004
No, I just want something to tell me that it's actually using WPA2 with AES encryption. I guess I could find some sniffing program to capture the output and see what it's sending, but surely it must be easier than that to find out what settings Windows is using?

For all I know, it's sending unencrypted data and I can't find any way of checking what it's doing in Windows.