Ground Zero

I managed to source a copy of Ground Zero from a mate. So I chucked in
the CD, hit Setup, it loads up to the bit where you have the three
I hit install and it comes up with an error box:

16 bit Windows Subsytem

C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications. Choose 'Close' to
terminate the application.

It also has an ignore button, but naturally that does nothing and the
program freezes.
Anyone with any help or ideas?
--
Regards,

James Christie

THE OPTIMIST, PESSIMIST & BI ENGINEER

To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
To the BI engineer, the glass is only half as big as it needs to be
...... and it's bloody near empty. "BOY".

Delete NOSPAM and insert Christie to email me.

In article <6FzTXCLwaeNCFw8N@christie.//demon.co.uk>,
jamie@christie.demon.co.uk says...
> I managed to source a copy of Ground Zero from a mate. So I chucked in
> the CD, hit Setup, it loads up to the bit where you have the three
> I hit install and it comes up with an error box:
>
> Anyone with any help or ideas?

iirc you can just copy the "rouge" folder from the cd to your Q2 folder,
no need to install.
run it with "quake2 +set game rogue"

As I've lost my Ground Zero cd ages ago I cant verify, but it holds true
for The Reckogning at least

Ole C Brumm <ocbrumm@spotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of
spoo:
> In article <6FzTXCLwaeNCFw8N@christie.//demon.co.uk>,
> jamie@christie.demon.co.uk says...
>> I managed to source a copy of Ground Zero from a mate. So I chucked
>> in the CD, hit Setup, it loads up to the bit where you have the three
>> I hit install and it comes up with an error box:
>>
>> Anyone with any help or ideas?
>>
> iirc you can just copy the "rouge" folder from the cd to your Q2
> folder, no need to install.
> run it with "quake2 +set game rogue"
>
> As I've lost my Ground Zero cd ages ago I cant verify, but it holds
> true for The Reckogning at least

Yeah, it's true for both. The setup program for the mission packs reacts
badly with XP for some reason. Win2K as well.

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

In message <%IoZd.1688$4r2.1122@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>, EvilBill
<quake2livesGETLOSTSPAMMERS@gmail.com> may have written...
>Ole C Brumm <ocbrumm@spotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of
>spoo:
>> In article <6FzTXCLwaeNCFw8N@christie.//demon.co.uk>,
>> jamie@christie.demon.co.uk says...
>>> I managed to source a copy of Ground Zero from a mate. So I chucked
>>> in the CD, hit Setup, it loads up to the bit where you have the three
>>> I hit install and it comes up with an error box:
>>>
>>> Anyone with any help or ideas?
>>>
>> iirc you can just copy the "rouge" folder from the cd to your Q2
>> folder, no need to install.
>> run it with "quake2 +set game rogue"
>>
>> As I've lost my Ground Zero cd ages ago I cant verify, but it holds
>> true for The Reckogning at least
>
>Yeah, it's true for both. The setup program for the mission packs reacts
>badly with XP for some reason. Win2K as well.
>
>--
Forgive me for being daft, does that mean I simply copy the Rogue folder
into my Q2 dir? What about the Ground Zero pak file etc?
--
Regards,

James Christie

THE OPTIMIST, PESSIMIST & BI ENGINEER

To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
To the BI engineer, the glass is only half as big as it needs to be
...... and it's bloody near empty. "BOY".

Delete NOSPAM and insert Christie to email me.

James Christie <jamie@christie.demon.co.uk> typed as if devouring a
plate of spoo:
> In message <%IoZd.1688$4r2.1122@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>, EvilBill
> <quake2livesGETLOSTSPAMMERS@gmail.com> may have written...
>>
>> Yeah, it's true for both. The setup program for the mission packs
>> reacts badly with XP for some reason. Win2K as well.
>>
> Forgive me for being daft, does that mean I simply copy the Rogue
> folder into my Q2 dir? What about the Ground Zero pak file etc?

The folder and its contents; the pak file, gamex86.dll and so forth should
be in there.

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

David

"EvilBill" <quake2livesGETLOSTSPAMMERS@gmail.com> wrote in message
> James Christie <jamie@christie.demon.co.uk> typed as if devouring a
> plate of spoo:
> > In message <%IoZd.1688$4r2.1122@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>, EvilBill
> > <quake2livesGETLOSTSPAMMERS@gmail.com> may have written...
> >>
> >> Yeah, it's true for both. The setup program for the mission packs
> >> reacts badly with XP for some reason. Win2K as well.

I run it under Win2k just fine.

> > Forgive me for being daft, does that mean I simply copy the Rogue
> > folder into my Q2 dir? What about the Ground Zero pak file etc?
>
> The folder and its contents; the pak file, gamex86.dll and so forth should
> be in there.

The gamex86.dll has to be the one for the 3.20 patch and that is not the one
on the rogue disk.
When you install the 3.2 patch it puts the 3.2 gamex86.dll file in there but
if you copy *.*
from the disk to the pc you will over write it!
Thus if you or "one" overwrites it, you must copy the one in \Quake2\baseq2
to the rogue (or xatrix for
the reckoning!) directory!
Hope that helps.

Shogo