Limit Bandwidth Per Application

eponym

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2007
Is there an application out there that allows me to throttle the bandwidth given to a specific application? I have a home network with multiple users. When I decide to download something, it jams up the whole network and prevents other people on the network from using latency critical programs (mainly WoW for my GF) I was hoping to stay away from configuring the router, as it's the landlords and I don't want to mess with it. It would be nice if there was a simple app that lets me control the bandwidth to specific applications. Though I would be willing to use an app that allows me to control the bandwidth for my entire machine if I have to. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really hate not being able to download things while others are on for hours...

inquisitor03

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
Yeah that's right you can normally limit the bandwidth being used by the app itself.

If not, check out NetLimiter. Gives you a list of all processes running and the ability to limit upload and download speeds per process, pretty neat!

eponym

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2007
the app I am using is napster. It has no bandwidth throttling options though NetLimiter was exactly what I was looking for, Thanks!