Laggy Ish 4 on test server - CPU usage 99% with test client?

The really serious lag seems to have something to do with CPU usage
running up around 99-100%, only with the test client - what's up with
this?

On 25 Mar 2005 06:51:24 -0800, MarkH10178 <MarkHammerschmidt@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The really serious lag seems to have something to do with CPU usage
> running up around 99-100%, only with the test client - what's up with
> this?

Try turning off shadows in your Options/Graphics & Sound menu. Devs
have reported that there's an issue with shadows in I4, particularly
with older nVidia cards, that can cause massive lag. They're working
on it.

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |

"MarkH10178" <MarkHammerschmidt@yahoo.com> wrote in

> The really serious lag seems to have something to do with CPU usage
> running up around 99-100%, only with the test client - what's up with
> this?

One of the Devs (Supermartin) has posted a program or something that you
can run when you are experiencing this lag and has asked that you send him
the results. If you go to the official site and check the dev digest, you
should be able to find it.

--
Marcel and Moogli