Error message?

Tags:
  • Desktops
  • Error Message
  • Motherboards
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
December 2, 2009 8:55:46 PM

Why do I get this?. Desktop Window manager stopped working and was closed? I am using motherboard P4S8X with Windows 7 just install. And 2 gb memory.

More about : error message

a b $ Windows 7
December 3, 2009 1:57:15 AM

It maybe a driver issue with the MOBO or some other device. Try and update the MOBO drivers to start with and see if that does anything. If worse comes to worse, you can do a start repair by booting from the W7 DVD.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 3, 2009 2:00:56 AM

buwish said:
It maybe a driver issue with the MOBO or some other device. Try and update the MOBO drivers to start with and see if that does anything. If worse comes to worse, you can do a start repair by booting from the W7 DVD.

I was actually thinking this was more specific to the video driver, as DWM has close ties to it...
m
l
October 4, 2011 3:13:15 AM

Rstorm said:
Why do I get this?. Desktop Window manager stopped working and was closed? I am using motherboard P4S8X with Windows 7 just install. And 2 gb memory.

very disappointing.... SAME PROBLEM HERE!
I re-installed (formatted) my laptop 3 weaks ago, it has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M, latest driver installed..
My Aero theme is modified by me, but just a little modification... (AND I HAD USED IT FOR LOTS OF MONTHS BEFORE, AND NEVER GOT THIS ERROR)
Now, almost EVERY TIME I LOGON WINDOWS, I GET THIS ERROR, AND HAVE TO RESET THE LAPTOP, UNTIL I MANAGE TO LOGON WINDOWS CORRECTLY...

disappointing...

I haven't found any information on the web to fix this...

BRAND NEW LAPTOP, BRAND NEW WINDOWS INSTALLATION, again ---> disappointing...

if you have fix this, PLEASE HELP ME!!! ( wernerml@gmail.com )
m
l
!