Anywhere to get complete decent system online?

amc3000

Distinguished
May 25, 2007
Well, I haven't built a PC in probably 7 years. I also have not been up to date on whats the latest and greatest parts. Is there a good place online to buy already built PC's? I would like to find a pretty nice system that will be used mostly for normal duties but also play games very nicely. I already know I probably wont find a decent system from HP, Gateaway, etc. I know there are some decent Dells out there.

Or, if not a place to get whole computers already built, a link to a store that alot of people get their parts.

Thanks

wilcoxon

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
It really depends on your budget.

If it is $2k or less, Dell is probably about as good as you'll get.

If more than that, check out Dell, Alienware (owned by Dell), Falcon Northwest, and probably a few others that I'm forgetting right now.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
a link to a store that alot of people get their parts.

Newegg.com. Everyone here that can, does buy from Newegg. They're just the best, fast shipping, awesome prices, massive selection. ZipZoomFly is good too, sometimes they're a little cheaper then Newegg on certain componts, or throw in free shipping.

For case modding supplies there's Performance-PCs, FrozenCPU, and Xoxide.

If you don't want to build the pc yourself, atleast let us help you decide on the parts. Most computer shops will assemble a computer for you for a fee.

amc3000

Distinguished
May 25, 2007
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I wouldnt mind building my own. I have worked on computers/IT for about 10 years now, but just not up to speed on all the new hardware, what works with, what MB goes with what CPUs, etc. Guess I got some learning to do. I will look around and piece together something and post it and see what you all think.

I am going to be doing normal activities on this machine including pictures, online banking, blah blah, but will also be playing WoW. I dont need a 2k dollar system but something that will play WoW very nicely. I would like to be under $1000 including my monitor. Something like a new Intel Duo, 160GB HD, nice video card, 1GB-2GB mem, not really into overclocking at all. I just want a nice system and leave it alone.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
The last assemble computer I got was from here.
http://www.jncs.com/

They use name brand parts and send you the box as well as any manuals for all parts. They're not the cheapest but for what you get they're not terribly overpriced. Obviously less expensive to build yourself but if you want to buy it assembled, I'd check this site out.

ethel

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
You can't beat a home built - I say go to newegg and post your proposed build back here - the guys here will help you lick it into shape if necessary.

uberman

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2007
A little research, reading the forums reviews,etc and you can be up to speed in no time.If you don't want to build your own,even though you should,take a look at Monarch Computer.You can customize,prices are reasonable,and build quality is good.They are a little slow and the customer service could be better are the only drawbacks I saw.Even then you should research to get the parts you want at the best value.So why not build?There are certainly no shortage of ideas for a build on THG. Alienware,Falcon too expensive .You can build the same machine a lot cheaper.That includes Dell unless you are looking at a low end special.

uberman

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2007
Too bad.I think assembly and testing was only about 75 bucks.I recommended them to a couple of people when I didn't have time to help them.No one was unhappy except for the wait.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Before you buy, suggest you go to newegg and look at manuals for an AMD ASUS and MSI as well as an Intel ASUS and MSI motherboards. Really doesn't matter what particular boards given the installation is pretty much the same for any board. Actually you could go to any mfg but ASUS and MSI both have good manuals. Look through them and if you think you can follow the directions, you can build. If your not comfortable, buy. There are a lot of good how to articles but when it comes time for the build you'll be using the mobo manual