Windows 98se and XP Start Menu Directory Question

Tags:
  • Start Menu
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
May 26, 2005 1:07:57 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I just upgraded from 98SE to XP Home.

Can someone tell me where to find XP Start Menu directory and where XP put my
old 98SE classic Start Menu directory ??

TIA

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

More about : windows 98se start menu directory question

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 1:07:58 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

The XP Start Menu uses the contents of both
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu
and
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Start Menu

To See
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu
right click the Start button and select Explore All Users

To See

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:NO5le.1696$uu.1689@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com,
whayface <whayfacespam7770943@yahoojunk.com> hunted and pecked:
> I just upgraded from 98SE to XP Home.
>
> Can someone tell me where to find XP Start Menu directory and where XP
> put my old 98SE classic Start Menu directory ??
>
> TIA

> E-mail address altered to foil spam.
> Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
May 26, 2005 1:07:58 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Right-click the start menu and choose properties. Here you can choose
Classic Menu.

Right-click the start menu and choose Open or Explore to see and modify your
personal start menu.
Right-click the start menu and choose Open All Users or Explore All Users to
modify the All Users start menu.

PattyL

"whayface" <whayfacespam7770943@yahoojunk.com> wrote in message

> I just upgraded from 98SE to XP Home.
>
> Can someone tell me where to find XP Start Menu directory and where XP put
> my
> old 98SE classic Start Menu directory ??
>
> TIA

> E-mail address altered to foil spam.
> Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

May 26, 2005 4:28:15 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

OK but now where do I find the old Win 98 Start Menu directory that used to be in the
C:\Windows directory??

>Right-click the start menu and choose properties. Here you can choose
>Classic Menu.
>
>Right-click the start menu and choose Open or Explore to see and modify your
>personal start menu.
>Right-click the start menu and choose Open All Users or Explore All Users to
>modify the All Users start menu.
>

>> I just upgraded from 98SE to XP Home.
>>
>> Can someone tell me where to find XP Start Menu directory and where XP put
>> my
>> old 98SE classic Start Menu directory ??
>>
>> TIA

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

May 26, 2005 4:28:16 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Exactly where Wesley told you they are!

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"whayface" <whayfaceSPAM7540722@yahooJUNK.com> wrote in message

> OK but now where do I find the old Win 98 Start Menu directory that used
> to be in the
> C:\Windows directory??
>

>>Right-click the start menu and choose properties. Here you can choose
>>Classic Menu.
>>
>>Right-click the start menu and choose Open or Explore to see and modify
>>your
>>personal start menu.
>>Right-click the start menu and choose Open All Users or Explore All Users
>>modify the All Users start menu.
>>

>>> I just upgraded from 98SE to XP Home.
>>>
>>> Can someone tell me where to find XP Start Menu directory and where XP
>>> put
>>> my
>>> old 98SE classic Start Menu directory ??
>>>
>>> TIA

> E-mail address altered to foil spam.
> Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

May 26, 2005 8:23:47 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:13:47 -0400, "Star Fleet Admiral Q"
<Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(SPAM-NOT)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Exactly where Wesley told you they are!

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

May 26, 2005 3:54:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi PattyL :-)

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User