PC turns on, but no post nor leds on memory light up?

jonnny

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Hi, I hope im posting in the correct part of the forum, if not.. im sorry. My problem is short and strange.. here it is..

I was downloading the other night, I had to leave my pc on overnight because it was a large download. Anyway, I woke up to find my PC had froze at 5.36am, download was 60% completed. So I rebooted and since, it hasnt worked. Bascally when I say hasnt worked... I mean.. the PC turns on... my Neons & Fans go on... but nothing is displayed on the screen..

when i leave my monitor on.. and the pc is off... the monitor just goes into hibernation, when the pc then gets turned on.. the monitor automatically starts up?.. I havnt tryed another monitor yet, because Im presuming its nothing to do with that as if it were... my ram(XMS 3500LL) would light up as it usually does? - which it doesnt!

this was last week, I was away on holiday for a week, and got back few days ago, I turned it on... and it loaded. I went to the toilet, came back and found it had froze on desktop(again). and basically, I have done allmost everything I can think of to fix this problem, but now I am at a dead end I feel!!

I have took EVERYTHING out and only left it with the mobo & PSU.. I even took the CPU out, I turned it on(normally you hear BEEP BEEP BEEP), but... there was no sound whatsoever. the only sound I heard was the fan(s).

I have searched about but no-one seems to have this problem, which ironically... in my luck, allways hapens! :-(

Could anyone help me please

jonnny

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
The monitor wont even turn on mate(from hibernation), the LED on the mobo does go on, this computer isnt anymore than 2years old, everything has worked 100% fine up untill this moment.

I dont think this is anything to do with it but I will tell anyway...when I first built this pc, I had a faulty CPU... to which the PC kept booting into BSOD.. and then I got a new replacement CPU, and since its worked fine.

the sucky thing is, this is my first ATHLON computer, untill this pc, I was Intel through and through...and also.. this is the first and only PC I have with SLI, so I dont have any other GFX Nor CPUs I can test... :-( - one thing I noted though.. Im not sure if this is normal but on the end of my x1900xt... right next to the 4pin power chord... is 2 tiny red LEDs, which are constantly on, I only became aware of these since this problem, but I cant say for sure if these were on before this issue... could anyone shed any light on this?

Just fans connected to the PSU for cooling, no 3rd partys.

TRENDING THREADS